Mares Volo Or Apollo's ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with mddolson, the volo's definitely reduce air consumption. My GF switched to volos last year, before this she would normally come up with about 10 bar less than me, afterwards she had 10 bar more, this has happened dive after dive in differing conditions. It is not BS.

Dont know about the apollos have heard similar stories of less air consumption, my boss has a pair and since he got them he is definitely lower on air consumption, although watching him turn in tight spaces looks a bit pathetic, good bye viz

There you you have it, validation from an unsolicited source, and on the other side of the planet no less.

Albion bubbled: "I have to agree with mddolson, the volo's definitely reduce air consumption. "

I rest my case.

Mike D

BTW Albion, the cheque's in the mail. LOL

Ahhh.. volos can do it all, backwards, frog, whatever.. Those who can't just don't know how.

Given enough time, i'm quite sure you could fin backwards with wetnotes strapped to your booties, but would you? no. I can only imagine the frustration that would be caused by trying to fin backwards with anything but a good, stiff blade. Same with frog kicking. They're inefficient enough on the flutter kicks they're designed for, let alone what they're not.

steve

I have the Volos and love them. In fact I love them so much I am thinking of buying a set of the full foot volo race to have just in case. But I think before that I might try or buy a set of Atomic splitfins. I have heard lots of great things about them, even compared to the Apollo's.

just been replaying some video and found a shot of some on ein appolo split trying to turn, quite funny, i think it has been proved that they do not manoevre well.

mddolson hard cash is preferable but will settle for anything these days.

To alll those using stiff jets fins, have you realised that the planet is actually round and that swimming to far will not result in you going off the edge!

:eek:ut:

Wetman Bubbled: Given enough time, I'm quite sure you could fin backwards with wetnotes strapped to your booties, but would you? no.

Steve, Jet fins/ turtle fins are old technology.
Yes they are a tried and well proven technology, but they are over 25 years old. Are you still using an 8088 computer by chance?

As long as there are advances being made in technology, there will still be die hards who cling to the old.

The NAVY still uses horse collar BC's, because they are the only BC that will float an unconcous dive face up, all the time.

Mike D

I do happen to run many old emulators - there is nothing like running a Commodore 64 in a window to see those old classics :)

Now you see, i'm not in a position here where i need to cling to my youth with new gizmos when old ones work better. Maybe there are underlying issues here that need exploring Michael - is this an indication of midlife crisis maybe?

The key question that remains is - what color hose wrap does one lean towards if you wear volos for too long? I think we all kow the answer there... Scary stuff. :)

steve

wetman once bubbled...
My volos sit in my closet waiting for the day that someone nearby needs a set of free fins to play with the kiddies in pool, because thats all they're designed for.

We just bought my 2 year old a kiddie pool. I could really use some new fins to play with him in the pool with. It sounds like you have them for the right price. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom