Mares X-Stream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgregg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On 2011.08.06 I purchased a pair of Mares X-Stream Fins for $176.00 to replace a pair of heavy U.S. Divers fins I'd been using for 35 years, which I subsequently sold for $50.00 after purchasing my new fins.

With the big exception that one of the fins split at the end where they join two different parts of the fins together, I love the fins.

I even just purchased a new pair to replace them.

Now for the bad news...

I'm extremely disappointed that only after four years these fins split on the end. These fins probably cost four times what my original fins costs and didn't last but four years. To top that off, Mares won't do anything for me, since they are "out of warranty". I can't even find someone to send pictures to so I can show them what happened so they can try to do some quality checks on them and work to fix the problem in the future. They didn't try to help me out with any purchase of new fins. When I tried to contact the headquarters, which is very difficult to even find information to contact them, I've heard nothing.

I deal with a lot of companies and am always very happy and loyal when I find a company that you can contact, talk to, and they take care of you as a customer. That's NOT Mares. They are the complete opposite of say: SeaLife where I just spent $1,000 on a new camera. They talked to me, helped me with questions, and even sent me a free lens cover when I called an asked them about a situation. I called them several times and they always happily picked up the phone and helped me. Now that's a good company to do business with long-term. Another company I've had good dealings with is Reef - the company that makes sandals, just to name two.

What's up with Mares????

Why won't they provide a easy way to contact them and provide the ability to provide feedback on products that have quality issues?

I'd think they would want to work with their customers and take care of them, no?

Very frustrating.

If anyone knows how to get pictures of my split fins to them, I'd welcome the information.

If they won't help me, maybe it would help someone else in the future.

I now have a second pair of very expensive fins that I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen to. Yes, I'm a wreck diver, a reef diver, a dry-suit diver, a Caribbean diver, I travel with the fins in a suitcase, etc. but for the price the fins should be bullet proof!

:(

Post your pictures hear on SB. Zak, mares rep here, is a good guy. Being four years old though even he might not be able to help but if anyone can he can. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to advise. Good luck.

Subscribed.

I'm not really sure how to upload pictures. When I click on Upload Image, it asks for a URL. I uploaded to the gallary: bgregg Gallery - ScubaBoard Gallery but I'm not sure if that's how you do it or not. No obvious to me. Any hints :)

---------- Post added August 23rd, 2015 at 09:07 PM ----------

Hum... just can't see to get the pictures uploaded here. No sure what they want when the prompt for URL and don't provide anything to browse for the pictures you want to upload.

I don't have that option. At the bottom of the page, I see this:

• You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
Looks like I can't post attachments for some reason.

Wonder why that is...

I'm not sure sorry, could be due to number of posts? I'd PM one of the Moderators try "Hawkwood".

Mares X-Stream Fins Pictures of Split

IMG_1624.jpgIMG_1627.jpg

The Yellow fins are the ones that have split, the red fins are my new ones.

Thank you for your help. I did contact Hawkwood and he told me that you needed 5 posts before you can upload images. Just so happened, I had five posts when contacting him, so now I can upload :):wink:

Wow your yellow ones are split considerably more than my red ones after a couple hundred dives.
Hope you get more mileage out of your red ones than the yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine don't have any problem like that after hundreds of dives. Wow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom