Mares X-Stream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same problem as the OP , split on the ends were the two different materials come together,I use my fins 3-4 times a week so they get a work out . I continued to use them even with the split and 3 days ago this happened, the actual supporting piece on he fin broke . It is not the hinge part that I thought would be the first to break but even with it to the outside of the fin. I did buy another set when the original split happened and if they split it will most likely be my last set of the x-stream .Some pictures .Hope someone from mares sees this .

Attachments

• 20150826_185750.jpg
    20150826_185750.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20150826_185807.jpg
    20150826_185807.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 75
Yes, that's why I'd like Mares to acknowledge it and maybe do something about it. They shouldn't have split like that.

Well it looks like Zak no longer has access to the internet or mares has a problem and they don't want to admit it . I'm going with option B .

We have had 2 failures in the last 90 days with the extremes at our shop. One was on the hinge and another on the rubber tip where it meets the plastic after only 60 uses. It's the first pair of fin failures I've seen in quite a while.

MS

Back
Top Bottom