Master Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the OP a troll? I dont' know. Could be. Could also be a 15 year old kid that made a post about MSD rating and got flamed left and right.

Really? There's a DM patch? Dang! Another thing that PADI has failed to send me.....

I see you are in the PADI Pros group, so you must have had to produce a number. If you weren't in it, I'd call you out on it. You don't act like a pro at all.

If you are a dm, and your profile says you are much more... Instructor / Assistant Instructor / Dive Master / Dive Con

You don't represent very well at all. I sure don't believe that when you got your DM through PADI, your DM patch was just "Another thing that PADI has failed to send me"

I call BS on that.

I am beginning to think this thread was created by a troll.

1 Post, where has the OP been for the last three weeks...in time out?

A Detailed Profile where he exclaims he wants to become an IDC instructor; at 15 if you even know what an IDC Instructor is why not aim to be a Course Director? The profile is a little too detailed for me to believe your typical teenager took the time create with such good and detailed grammar, then in the original post to rush the English syntax.

Set his Status proclaiming he is a "Young boy." When I was fifteen alls that I dreamed about was turning 16 and getting that freedom with a drivers license (even though I did not have a car). The last thing I would want to call myself is "boy", yet alone a "young boy". How many teenagers use the self describing phrase "young boy."

"You are in the Basic Scuba Discussions Forum: This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed."

Where's the respect and courtesy? All I see here is accusations, and personally, as a teen diver with a detailed profile, good grammar and goals, I'm offended. Why not just be happy that he is mature, and not another http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sidemount-diving/428423-youngest-sidemount-diver.html

What better subject than PADI's Master Scuba Diver program to get all of the usual SBer fired up?
Cave fills and deep air, for starters.

Is the OP a troll? I dont' know. Could be. Could also be a 15 year old kid that made a post about MSD rating and got flamed left and right.

If you think the OP got "flamed" you don't have a clue what that means. Nobody here was even rude. Besides, just like 99% of "members" here the OP joined, made one post and never came back. He was last online just past midnight on the 7th, so there is no way he has seen anything past post #7 in this thread.

As for your attacking another dive pro, who are you to demand someone "toe the line" of a dive agency? Apparently your sense of humor drowned during your DM training.

rhuntley,

If you read my post #46 I was very respectful to the OP's question. But time and time again we see posts similar to this one created by trolls.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a Scuba Board Forum) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Trolls on SB have the sole purpose to stir the pot and rake the muck...kind of like we are doing now. They find joy in the number of posts their fictional thread create. I have fallen into their web numorus times on SB and if the OP is a troll than I did it again in #46.

I posted my personal opinion and gave my reasons for forming that opinion. I stated "I believe..." Does that make it true, absolutely not. I actually hope that the OP would return. I have answered many posted by young divers and the single most prominent characteristics about them is when they are really into diving and hungry for the knowledge they want to see what divers on SB have posted right away.

I still believe that if it walks like a duck and looks like a duck it very well might be a duck...or a platypus. :D

~Oldbear~

I see you are in the PADI Pros group, so you must have had to produce a number. If you weren't in it, I'd call you out on it. You don't act like a pro at all.

If you are a dm, and your profile says you are much more... Instructor / Assistant Instructor / Dive Master / Dive Con

You don't represent very well at all. I sure don't believe that when you got your DM through PADI, your DM patch was just "Another thing that PADI has failed to send me"

I call BS on that.

Can't recall, but I believe if you are a DM, or instructor, etc., it just comes up what you said--Instr./Asst.Inst./DM/Dive Con. You can't single one out in that part of the profile.

TMHeimer,

Every time I see your signature I get a chuckle.

"To be is to do--Socrates.To do is to be--Plato.Do be do be do--Sinatra."

:D

TMHeimer,

Every time I see your signature I get a chuckle.

"To be is to do--Socrates.To do is to be--Plato.Do be do be do--Sinatra."

:D

Yeah, I found that on the bathroom wall in the Music Dept. in college 40 years ago.

Yeah, I found that on the bathroom wall in the Music Dept. in college 40 years ago.

I have not been in a college facility in the last 25 years. I wonder if the S&$@ House Poet still exists or does he now just Tweet & Facebook?
:hm:

I have not been in a college facility in the last 25 years. I wonder if the S&$@ House Poet still exists or does he now just Tweet & Facebook?
:hm:
I guess we should take this to the pub. When I was in college I collected tons of bathroom grafitti (clean & dirty) for my journalist brother who wanted to publish it in a book. Only to find there already WAS a book. By the way the SH Poet was also at Queens College in NYC. We were mortal enemies, as I was the S*^t House Kid!-- ("He strikes again"...)...40 years later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom