http://www.diveheart.org/

Matt The AquaMan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your dive is gonna be some event!! I dont think there'll be enough water for all the people who are gonna come along!!!

Your dreams are awesome dude :D

Scubafreak

I am an Adaptive Scuba Association (ASA) Instructor and I will write to them to see if they have any info that might help you complete your quest. It is divers like you that encouraged me to become involved with helping where I could with folks that have a dream to dive but others say they can't. I will definately stay in touch and I will help in any way I can to help you.

Brian

"If you help enough people get what they want out of life then you will get what you need out of life as well"
i don't know who said it but it sure makes sense.....

One member suggested we write to Oprah about getting in on this. I don't allow TV in my home, but - I understand that she can get things done, and he likes the publicity.

Anyone know how to submit ideas to her show? We could send a few hundred emails? :lol2:

Let's get this boy in the water!!

Hi Brian, thanks for looking into that for me. I have wrote to a many adaptive scuba groups: Eels on Wheels, Dive Heart to name a couple. I appreciate you looking into this very much! I look forward to hearing what you find out. Thanks for the encouraging words. I can't wait to dive! It might take a while, but I am looking forward to it. I feel like a scuba diver already, I have researched it so much. I heard people on vents are basicallly scuba diving above water when you think about it. Take care and have a great day. Safe diving from Matt. :wink:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Matt the Wonder Boy:
Hi Brian, thanks for looking into that for me. I have wrote to a many adaptive scuba groups: Eels on Wheels, Dive Heart to name a couple. I appreciate you looking into this very much! I look forward to hearing what you find out. Thanks for the encouraging words. I can't wait to dive! It might take a while, but I am looking forward to it. I feel like a scuba diver already, I have researched it so much. I heard people on vents are basicallly scuba diving above water when you think about it. Take care and have a great day. Safe diving from Matt. :wink:

In my eyes you don't have to have a c-card to be a scuba diver in your heart. You are a diver in my book and I don't care what anyone else says. I am still waiting on a return email from ASA. I will let you know.

Brian

Hi Brian, thanks for the very kind words, that means alot. I always liked being in water and wanted to be a diver but I just never took any action on diving until now-- I was busy traveling all over with my grandpa. I am just Kickin' myself for not diiving when I was in Hawaii, I was there many times. I never knew that there were all these handicapped groups out there at the time. I used to go to Camp Courage for Muscular Dystrophy kids, and one time they even had divers there showing kids all the gear. Oh Well. Shoulda Woulda Coulda! Now I am going to make it happen and it will be a big thing. Hope to hear from you soon and have a great day!
Matt :eyebrow:

I will gladly carry your tank when you go. Good luck. Although, somehow I don't think luck will play any part in this...

Thanks so much for your offer to carry my tank. You are right it will take more than just good luck, but when good luck is on your side it always helps. I will be doing it someday soon. To keep updated on the progress of my dream you can visist my website. It is located at the bottom of this message. Where exactly is your location?

Have a great day and safe diving,

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom