Maya air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There may be some sort of rule that in order to carry commercial passengers planes must have two engines and must be able to travel some distance on just one of them. If I wrote the rules that would be one of them, anyway.
Ah... No. If you happen to have like the last flight of the day or something that that and the booking are 5 or less, you might get what my friend got:
mayalittle.jpg

Are they the planes where all the cabin lights blink out when they turn the props on? Flying out of our small airport in college it was always fun to see who was flying on a puddle jumper for the first time- someone would always scream.

I bet they have all of their planes & pilots working their limits today with the PDC-Cancun road failure.

There is a detour which adds about 45 minutes on to the trip. The detour does go on to a toll road, but they've temporarily suspended the toll charges.

The failure extends across both lanes of the northbound and southbound road. The road has dropped about 3 feet. At this time, there is only speculation as to the cause.

This would certainly affect some bag drag decisions.

---------- Post added August 27th, 2015 at 11:21 PM ----------

Edit to Add: ADO has said that they will maintain the same departure times.

First ADO had better add more bus's to keep their schedule. Having looked a a couple of pic's, this one will be a big problem for a week (at best). Long term, you are looking at building another bridge on 307.

You are safer in a small plane if you trust the facts

Some of us will always feel a little nervous about flying in small airplanes. But here are a few facts about how safe they really are. Nearly twice as many people are killed each year in recreational boating accidents than in accidents involving private planes.A small plane that loses power at 10,500 ft altitude can glide for more than 15 miles. This gives the pilot ample time to select an appropriate landing spot, over 700 square miles of approiate landing spots.

Last edited:
You are safer in a small plane if you trust the facts

Some of us will always feel a little nervous about flying in small airplanes. But here are a few facts about how safe they really are. Nearly twice as many people are killed each year in recreational boating accidents than in accidents involving private planes.A small plane that loses power at 10,500 ft altitude can glide for more than 15 miles. This gives the pilot ample time to select an appropriate landing spot, over 700 square miles of approiate landing spots.
An altitude seldom used, isn't it. The pilot would have to be on Oxygen at that height. My brother often flies his plane around the county looking over the farms, probably 500-1,000 above ground, which is at 3,300 or so here. These puddle jumpers probably go higher than that, but not 10k.

I believe the claim that boat accidents kill more tho. No training required for most, few regulations, and most don't wear flotation devices. I'm usually the only one on a dive boat wearing one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom