Maybe hanging the fins up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is the thing with trilam - it has no insulation on its own. Get your undies wrong and it would easily be worse than wet.

That is the thing with trilam - it has no insulation on its own. Get your undies wrong and it would easily be worse than wet.

I also have a heck of a lot more body fat! I'm part polar bear, that's the only explanation, but I've also acclimated myself to colder temps from early season diving at the quarry.

Finally got the pics dive buddy took Sunday morning! Trim vastly improved where it was a year ago! :)
272A6BDF-2D96-40AC-91B3-F01EBB5B37F0.jpeg
378AC0EF-7B5C-439B-812F-E209319D141D.png

Last edited:
Two charters in one day is just too much for me. Captain said I looked like a hurt puppy as I gimped off down the dock. Of course, the boat is at the end of the dock! I’ve had offers to schlep my gear back to my car (the marina has carts). You can be danged sure I take advantage of that!

One weekend day at the quarry and one on the boat, however, are very doable. Four dives total. Last Saturday, the morning charter was moved to the afternoon for better conditions. There had been rip current warnings at the Chicago beaches along with 6-8ft waves the day before. I only did one dive. 3ft waves, even if they are “rollers” are NOT my idea of fun. Tummy got a bit discombobulated, but I also did NOT enjoy getting back on the boat with 3ft waves. I sat out the second dive.

Bum leg has improved to the point that I don’t need to grab it to get it into my car. Walking with tank on my back at quarry continues. Did a 45 minute quarry dive Sunday. First dives with buddy are nav practice and second dive is often a wall tour.

I’ve rescheduled SM class for late July, the weekend before my big Alpena trip.

Last edited:
I’m glad you’re still diving. I didn’t read all 12 pages - I read the first post, then hurried to the last page to make sure it wasn’t true. I appreciate having you around here and hope you’re able to keep doing the things you love to do for as long as you can.

No more Great Lakes for me this season. Alpena trip is probably cancelled. The quarry it is! SM class is cancelled, and I’m debating hanging the fins up permanently. I just don’t have any fight left in me. I’m selling 4 of my 6 tanks. Have a buyer for SM gear (regs at least when I decide to sell).

Marie, Sounds like you got beat up a bit by heavy dive days. Not sure what else is up, but maybe take a pause and let your body recover more. There are lots of other fun stuff to do besides diving, but sorry you're feeling down about something you've loved. SM LP50s continue to sound appealing to me, despite not giving a huge amount of air.

My heart goes out to you.
See if you can give it a little time, before making a final, final decision...
When you do dive, dive on a lighter schedule... Maybe Haigh for a while is not wrong at all if right now it feels right to you...

No more Great Lakes for me this season. Alpena trip is probably cancelled. The quarry it is! SM class is cancelled, and I’m debating hanging the fins up permanently. I just don’t have any fight left in me. I’m selling 4 of my 6 tanks. Have a buyer for SM gear (regs at least when I decide to sell).

Find a pace that works for body and soul. My wife would dive every weekend but her body cant take it so its either hang up or take the battles you can win even if that is one weekend every month.
Steel tank 10kg weight drysuits cold water rough conditions are not good on the body. Rest and come back

Back
Top Bottom