Me credential II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove:
See what i mean about jumping out of perfectly good aircraft :D Glad to see you didnt get hurt or shot by the farmer. So where did the rest of the fellas land after making their jump? Hopefully not on the freeway or something.

In the trees, most of them didn't bother to get down, just slept where they were. Was a mess to clean up the day following. I don't blame them anyway, to many gators running around and them pesky land owners with shotguns.

Dryglove:
See what i mean about jumping out of perfectly good aircraft :D

No such thing as a perfectly good airplane. (-;

Kimber

TekDiveGirl:
No such thing as a perfectly good airplane. (-;

Kimber

If its not spiraling towards the ground its pretty good to me. :D

That reminds me of the first time i ever flew on one of those double bladed chinook helicopters. Here i am fresh out of boot camp and AIT and get my first ride in this double bladed monster. I walk up the ramp, grab me a seat and throw my ruck on my lap to make room for the rest of the fellas. We all get in and the pilot fires up the engines. As the blades start to rotate, one of the crew members starts placing buckets in certain places on the floor as this thing starts leaking hydraulic fluid out of the roof area.....not cool in my book. So as any good private would do, i ask him why is this thing leaking so much fluid. He tells me its perfectly normal and should only worry if its not leaking fluid :11: Definitely not a confidence aspiring comment. Needless to say we had a safe flight but never looked forward to riding in those fluid leaking beasts which seemed way to often.

Dryglove:
If its not spiraling towards the ground its pretty good to me. :D

That reminds me of the first time i ever flew on one of those double bladed chinook helicopters. Here i am fresh out of boot camp and AIT and get my first ride in this double bladed monster. I walk up the ramp, grab me a seat and throw my ruck on my lap to make room for the rest of the fellas. We all get in and the pilot fires up the engines. As the blades start to rotate, one of the crew members starts placing buckets in certain places on the floor as this thing starts leaking hydraulic fluid out of the roof area.....not cool in my book. So as any good private would do, i ask him why is this thing leaking so much fluid. He tells me its perfectly normal and should only worry if its not leaking fluid :11: Definitely not a confidence aspiring comment. Needless to say we had a safe flight but never looked forward to riding in those fluid leaking beasts which seemed way to often.

Sounds like a really god excuse to jump out... although any excuse will do! The door was open works for me! (-;

Kimber

TekDiveGirl:
Sounds like a really god excuse to jump out... although any excuse will do! The door was open works for me! (-;

Kimber

I guess that is why when I fly on an airline I always take a door seat

DMP:
I guess that is why when I fly on an airline I always take a door seat

Hehe. That's where they ask you if, "In the unlikely event of an unscheduled landing, would you be 'willing' to open the emergency door?"
Willing? In the unlikely event that I make it through their little "unscheduled landing" I'm going to be the first one off that plane. Try and stop me from opening that door and getting out. :wink:

Joe

Sideband:
Hehe. That's where they ask you if, "In the unlikely event of an unscheduled landing, would you be 'willing' to open the emergency door?"
Willing? In the unlikely event that I make it through their little "unscheduled landing" I'm going to be the first one off that plane. Try and stop me from opening that door and getting out. :wink:

Joe

Ummm flash back, first out the door....I won't wait for no raft/slide to inflate buh bye :eyebrow:

I feel your pain on the recruiter gig. I pulled that myself. I always loved the gung ho candidates that wanted in so badly with a gpa of .65 who couldn't even spell their name on the asvab let alone pass it. Unfortunately in my area they were about the best we could drum up.

I know exactly what you mean about counselor's. Sometimes I wondered if they weren't the ones who were handing out the crack.

I spent 7 years with Uncle Sam in Camo, now I am sitting on the other side with a nice civi govt job. I still get 0200 calls, but now I know where I'm going too at least.

Great posts! Reading them is much more fun than working!
-G

Being a recruiter is fun at times, last night I got tagged to go to a concert and work the crowd (fun, not really just pulling your leg). I have a question(s) to ask all the parents here. (1) Do you really know what your kids wear to a concert. (2) Do you allow them to go by themselves or with friends? (3) Do you really really know their dates? I will fill you in later on my observations from last night. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom