Milestone Dives – What did you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pez de Diablo once bubbled...
Did you plan or are you planning a special dive for those big milestone dives like #50 or 100 or 150 or 300?

<snip>

One of my friends is having his 100th dive this weekend. We're going to do a deep dive (he gets off on deep) followed by a bit of a bimble along a dike wall.

I couldn't tell you for the life of me how many dives I have. I've been diving for 19 years and I've lost and restarted logs a few times. I almost gave up entirely when my ex borrowed the laptop I had been keeping my logs on for a business trip to Singapore and (you guessed it) harddisk crashed and I didn't have a backup. ;-0

R..

SueMermaid once bubbled...
For my friend's hundreth dive, we brought a bottle of champagne to depth with us (Cayman Brac) and popped the cork and drank it underwater. It takes a little finesse, but if you hold the bottle upside down, and hold your thumb over the top, and blow a little air into it when you drink, it's possible. It was a little briny, but hey, it was a special occasion.

Decompression must have been a gas. :D

"You have some pretty cool dive buddies!"

I couldn't agree more. I have some great friends, I'm very lucky!

I didn't even notice that my 50-100-150-200 or 250th dives had come and gone.

I'll pay better attention for #300.

I wanted to do a deep for my 50.As stated else where on the thread I get off on deeps too.Unknown to me was that was also to be my first Nitrox dive too so I got to stay deep longer.The place where I can do a deep shore dive come 2 ways either vis is very very good or just plain crapola.The Sea God played along vis was grand.So wondering how I'm going top that at 100. :)

Jen

SueMermaid once bubbled...
For my friend's hundreth dive, we brought a bottle of champagne to depth with us (Cayman Brac) and popped the cork and drank it underwater. It takes a little finesse, but if you hold the bottle upside down, and hold your thumb over the top, and blow a little air into it when you drink, it's possible. It was a little briny, but hey, it was a special occasion.

:D

I wonder if there have been any studies done on CO2 buildup from underwater champagne drinking?:D

Maybe trying a Margarita instead would get around the salt problem ??

What an inspired idea!!!!! Just have to try it for myself :)

Can I stay at your place?

I may have a couple of weeks free at the end of June so I could be in the PNW for dive 200.

Does anyone have a suggestions for my two hundredth dive?

My 100th dive was off Key Largo with Walter and Donna. It was a great shallow reef dive that I will always remember. Walter helped me celebrate the dive with a pull from his hip flask after we got back on the boat.

I don't get to dive as much as I want so my 200th is still fairly far away. One day, I'll retire to South Florida and dive all the time.

And yes, Walter has some great dive buddies. I have also had the pleasure of diving with many of them and there are no better dive buddies and friends on the earth than these people.

When I first started diving I kept track of my total bottom time, number of dives etc. etc. Then for a while I just didn't bother logging anything, I was diving too often. Then I got a computer that you can download, and started downloading the info again.

The upshot is that I have no idea when my 100th, 200th etc. dives were (althoug the 100th is probably in the first logbook, if I could find it). If I knew, I'd probably try to do something special.

On the boat I used to dive off, you were better off keeping your mouth shot if it was going to be a "milestone" dive. As soon as the crew found out they would drown you in soda pop, and you'd get ribbed until the end of the trip. That was always great fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom