Mini Season Toll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makes you wonder if any of blame in this lies in the training agencies and their "get certified in one weekend" type courses?

Maybe if divers had better training, they wouldn't be floating up dead from mini season as much?

All of the certification agencies have training standards, and most reputable instructors insure that students meet those minimum standards even in a time condensed course, but once a diver completes OW no one requires a diver to dive safely or keep their skills up. This same thing applies to boaters. There are no licensing requirements or manditory annual safety inspections for private vessels. Mini season is like opening weekend of deer season back home in Texas. Every yahoo with a gun, bow or sharp stick hits the woods and several every year end up the centerpeice at a family reunion!

I see fruitful ground for a new thriller novel where lobsters eveolve and fight back - slaying divers right and left during the mini season.

I don't hve much sympathy for morons, yahoos or good ol' boy rednecks who do stupid stuff that results in their removal from the gene pool.

I see fruitful ground for a new thriller novel where lobsters eveolve and fight back - slaying divers right and left during the mini season.

I don't hve much sympathy for morons, yahoos or good ol' boy rednecks who do stupid stuff that results in their removal from the gene pool.

Carl Hiassen is already busy. So much material with the shark that was dragged onto Miami's MetroMover last week, only to be dumped in the middle of the street.

I thought that board was getting overmoderated with I used a smiley that wasn't on their default list and some of their moderators deleted my smiley from my post within an hour. :shakehead:
:rofl4:

But, how do we know this applies to ANY of the people being discussed in this thread? I agree that once in a while the gene pool needs to be shocked but as I said earlier, there is a pretty wide brush being painted with here.

Thinning of the herd ROCKS!!

yeah.... I thought that was pretty lame :shakehead:

I thought that board was getting overmoderated with I used a smiley that wasn't on their default list and some of their moderators deleted my smiley from my post within an hour. :shakehead:

ha! I haven't seen that one before, but a good example!

. Mini season is like opening weekend of deer season back home in Texas. Every yahoo with a gun, bow or sharp stick hits the woods and several every year end up the centerpeice at a family reunion!

excellent example.

I have to say I went out yesterday with my nieces and my brother in law, and I can tell you that it was the last time that I will go out during the mini season. People not only act like idiots. they ignore avery single rule there is out there. I used to agree that all jetskis should be banned from the water because 90% of the drivers were idiots. Well After yesterday I think the same of boaters. (By the way I have boths a Jetski and a Boat) People were Flying by groups of boats that were parked in a circle to catch the lobsters. There were boats with out flags. There were people that were two and three hundre feets away from their boat without a diving flag. We were coming back to port arround 1:30 pm and that is when the FWC police were heading out.
I can tell you I will not do Lobster mini season ever again.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom