Moderators, Can you let Mr Letterboy back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Mods,

I respectfully request Letterboy be allowed back to full access to forums.

I think he truly has comments to offer and would appreciate you allowing him access.

Thanks for your consideration.

Why was he banned?
I was just curious.

I think "banning" people form a forum is idiotic.
Maybe the person he "offended", should have just put him on ignore, rather than complain about whatever it was he posted.

banned? Wow. While I didn't often agree with him in the Pub, I always appreciated his wit and humor. How is he any worse than some of the really acid and ruder posters? Dang

Reactions: Jax
His wit and humor were often an addition to the thread.

I do not pretend to know any of the particulars of his ban from the Pub. I in no way intend to disrespect the decision of the Moderators as they often make the call based on things I have not seen. I only ask he be considered for reinstatement. I will understand if he is not.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

In the interest of clarifying how this works, the TOS outline the process whereby a member may appeal a moderation or removal of posting privileges: Membership is a privilege and reserve the right to deny service to any person with or without cause or notification. If a member feels they have been unfairly denied service or has received unfair moderation, an appeal may be sent by e-mail to appeals@scubaboard.com. Each appeal will be reviewed by senior moderators who were not previously involved in the issue that led to the appealed suspension or moderation.

Please note that the request must come from the individual member, as it is not a popularity contest. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

This feels a lot like one of those "downtown revivals" I've seen happen a few times. The gnarly off-beat places with an abundance of character and an interesting vibe are knocked off for ritzy night clubs playing a 50 remix loop of the same song - and it never seems to get any more interesting than "hey brah".

Good for business, but it's kinda like taking Norm's stool away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom