Moray Eel Bites Off Diver's Thumb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grassyknoll:
(sung to the tune of "that's amore")

When the eel eats your thumb,
and it makes you look dumb,
that's a moraaaaaay...

Am I the only one who thought this was really funny?! :D :rofl3:

I guess the fact the I know a Dean Martin song dates me....Really, I am not that old...I just like watching old movies....

Gary

Ouch. I guess I'll have to cancel my plans for that hot dog wet suit. :D

For the impatient, scroll to about 3:00 to 3:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyknoll
(sung to the tune of "that's amore")

When the eel eats your thumb,
and it makes you look dumb,
that's a moraaaaaay...

Am I the only one who thought this was really funny?!

I guess the fact the I know a Dean Martin song dates me....Really, I am not that old...I just like watching old movies....

Gary

Team GS, Maybe it's only funny to Norcal folks, and I'm not that old either (39) at least I don't feel that old. I was going for more than the obvious weiner joke.

From now on he'll have to "toe" his dives....

What's the problem? He's got the important stuff down.....he can still hold a beer! :D

The domesticated Giant Moray Eel is known for being a loving and devoted companion, most often seen with it's head out of car windows, retrieving sticks in parks or curled up asleep in front of pub fireplaces up and down the country.

The cuddly fella in our video is showing somewhat aggressive tendencies however, which suggests he may in fact be a FERAL Giant Moray Eel. Possibly it was abandoned by thoughtless intranssient owners, left to roam our darkened streets surviving on scraps and howling at the moon.

It's a puzzle.

Ps please remember, people: even the most placid of Giant Moray Eels should never be left unattended with babies or small children. :no

The domesticated Giant Moray Eel is known for being a loving and devoted companion, most often seen with it's head out of car windows, retrieving sticks in parks or curled up asleep in front of pub fireplaces up and down the country.

The cuddly fella in our video is showing somewhat aggressive tendencies however, which suggests he may in fact be a FERAL Giant Moray Eel. Possibly it was abandoned by thoughtless intranssient owners, left to roam our darkened streets surviving on scraps and howling at the moon.

It's a puzzle.

Ps please remember, people: even the most placid of Giant Moray Eels should never be left unattended with babies or small children.

This is exactly why I will not allow my family to have a domesticated Moray. You can't breed their fighting instinct out of them. The first time you leave them unattended and your two year old comes walking by holding a Johnsonville Brat, well, we all know how that ends.
On the other hand, we have had great success with our domestic Short-Denticled Bull Shark. We have hours of enjoyment watching as my children take turns riding it around in the pool, why all three of my kids......wait, one, two..............where's Timmy?

Back
Top Bottom