More Long Hose Ignorance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently the guy does not want any diversity in the rigging of the club member's scuba gear. I just hate organizations that can't seem to allow people to make informed decisions and choose the type of gear that best suits their particular diving needs.

I have a long hose & bungee backup with a BP/W and I'm solidly in the recreational diving realm. What makes this gear tech gear?

Is it black? :D

An interesting read on their website.
Apparently a tank over 100 cuft is considered specialty equipment as are doubles and "hang bottles". No backplates allowed or nitrox unless the DM is breathing it and, no using a camera unless you have the proper certification.

How much do you pay for this babysitting service? $80/yr for regular members; a little more if you need the fiber.

An interesting read on their website.
Apparently a tank over 100 cuft is considered specialty equipment as are doubles and "hang bottles". No backplates allowed or nitrox unless the DM is breathing it and, no using a camera unless you have the proper certification.

How much do you pay for this babysitting service? $80/yr for regular members; a little more if you need the fiber.

Holy Crap!

LOL.

FTR, when I did my BOW we were taught to give up the primary reg. (figure that is where the OOG diver is going any way) A longer hose makes that so much easier to manage. Particularly when the secondary is taken by the donating diver.

(oh yeah, I was certed pre octo. But donating a longer hose primary is so much smarter than this golden triangle nonsense)

No backplates allowed or nitrox unless the DM is breathing it

No NITROX???? Are these people from the stone age? Good heavens.

And who the heck cares what kind of BC I use? You could make at least the tiniest argument about long hoses at least being weird, but the difference between a plate and wing and a back-inflate BC (or do they not allow those, either?) is too small to be worth worrying about, at least from the functional point of view.

No NITROX???? Are these people from the stone age? Good heavens.

That's Voodoo gas you know! Not safe at all! :no:

3645695426_048d9a2d81.jpg

Does anybody actually know of the author Bill Doran and what his qualifications are as a diver? I personally would be completely embarrassed to attach my name to such a document particularly when it demonstrates my complete ignorance regarding this style of diving. How does that saying go about keeping your trap shut for fear of sounding foolish, rather than open it and confirm to everyone that you're a fool? :shakehead:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom