More Long Hose Ignorance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Lamont, I also read Steve's post on the GUE forum.

I was certified by ACUC in 1982 and am/was an ACUC instructor.

Apparently, I didn't get the memo about long hose problems..........;-)

Guy Shockey
GUE Instructor

Last edited:
Hey Squid!
Blow me. :)
LOL.
...The guy probably is from stick city. (shudder)
He was likely under duress.
:rofl3: Nice!
An interesting read on their website.
Apparently a tank over 100 cuft is considered specialty equipment as are doubles and "hang bottles". No backplates allowed or nitrox unless the DM is breathing it and, no using a camera unless you have the proper certification.

How much do you pay for this babysitting service? $80/yr for regular members; a little more if you need the fiber.
Wonder if he has special requirements/rules for the type and placement of pacifiers? :shakehead:

Attitudes such as this ignore one basic aspect of our diving society, not all divers' configurations are the same.

With attitudes such as this, then all B/C's should have the same type, number and placement of releases, etc.

It is my considered opinion that the basics of critical thought and situational awareness should be an integral part of the basic open water diver cirriculum.

the K

Attitudes such as this ignore one basic aspect of our diving society, not all divers' configurations are the same.

With attitudes such as this, then all B/C's should have the same type, number and placement of releases, etc.

It is my considered opinion that the basics of critical thought and situational awareness should be an integral part of the basic open water diver cirriculum.

the K
Methinks he skipped that chapter! :)

Apparently the guy does not want any diversity in the rigging of the club member's scuba gear. I just hate organizations that can't seem to allow people to make informed decisions and choose the type of gear that best suits their particular diving needs.

Well played D2. :crafty:

An interesting read on their website.
Apparently a tank over 100 cuft is considered specialty equipment as are doubles and "hang bottles". No backplates allowed or nitrox unless the DM is breathing it and, no using a camera unless you have the proper certification.

How much do you pay for this babysitting service? $80/yr for regular members; a little more if you need the fiber.

I missed that part... Now I'm REALLY speechless. It's hard enough to get a group of ANY divers together here let alone be as choosy as this guy. Does anyone know if this "club" actually has any members? It sounds almost cult like...

Quote from Bill's memo "When using this system then both divers in the buddy team as well as any rescue divers should be long hose trained."

How many of you have your long hose c-card hmmm? Personally I took my "long hose" class right after owd and aowd.
Now I offer the training to any potential buddy. Right before the dive I point to the primary reg and tell them, "If you need air, you take this right out of my mouth", Then I print them a card and sign it as an approved "long hose" diver. :shakehead:

Quote from Bill's memo "When using this system then both divers in the buddy team as well as any rescue divers should be long hose trained."

How many of you have your long hose c-card hmmm? Personally I took my "long hose" class right after owd and aowd.
Now I offer the training to any potential buddy. Right before the dive I point to the primary reg and tell them, "If you need air, you take this right out of my mouth", Then I print them a card and sign it as an approved "long hose" diver. :shakehead:

Well, I will agree that everyone on the team/group should be long hosed trained. Fortunately that training takes about 2 minutes (two sentences to explain and then demo it).

My favorite part is...

"Firstly before venturing into the answer, I must state that members are always welcome to dive outside the club when and with whom they wish."

I'm sure that the members are glad to know this!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom