Most romantic thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we were first married, before we could afford a real hot tub, my hubby put my daughter's little kiddie pool in the bedroom filled with hot water and borrowed one of those portable jucuzzi type of things and we had a romantic / playful evening.... the bummer was we had to get up and put it all away before she got up!

SueMermaid and CobaltBabe... thanks for your thoughts. Three e-mails waiting for me this afternoon when I got back from giving a talk to Dive 'n' Surf's dive club last night. I think my weekly newspaper columns may have won her heart... or at least her willingness to come see in person!

Doc

newbie@scuby:
What do men think is romantic thing to do for a woman? What do women think is a romantic thing for a man to do for her? and What does a man want for romance? What do women think a man wants?
I think your avatar is a great representation of the frustration your post implies...

This is an example of the romantic things I do for my wife...
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=68327&s=

divemistress:
Sometimes I want to make that romantic and/or caring and/or sexy little gesture, but I hold back, because I don't know whether you (malekind) actually appreciates -- or simply tolerates -- what femalekind attempts. So, please advise: What are the most appreciated/thoughtful/whatever efforts your women have made for you?

Eagerly awaiting your responses.....

DM
Think of it this way...how do you react when he does something really special for you, or something you wanted him to do? i.e., say you like the opera, and out of the blue he brings you tickets to Madame Butterfly? With guys it isn't that dissimilar. Find something you know he'd genuinely appreciate it if you did it and do it as a surprise. It can be anything from tickets to a baseball game, or perhaps tickets to that "guy" movie you wouldn't get caught dead seeing (like those chick flics we wouldn't care to see, but you ladies nag us so much to take you), and there you go...afterwards, the rest of the evening is up to you!!

Good luck!!!

Scubaguy62:
and out of the blue he brings you tickets to Madame Butterfly

i would have to shoot anyone who brought me tickets
to Madam Butterfly.

just to clarify :wink:

If one knows one's partner reasonably well, it should be easy to find a romantic gesture. If it is early in the relationship, it may be more difficult.

I dated a woman in Chicago many years ago. We would alternate initiating a date. Often we would not tell the other person where we were taking them, just how to dress. We always came up with different things to do (a wide range of things as we were both open to a diversity of experience... it could be the horse racing track or a play in the city or a bike race involving us.

It was a very romantic situation... always a sense of novelty and surprise. We shared the expense in that she paid for what she initiated and I did likewise. It worked very well, at least until it came to meeting the parents and thinking seriously about marriage. She got cold feet and disappeared.

By the time she came back, I had already planned a year-long cross country trip in my truck to photo document the natural history of our country. Nothing but good memories though.

Doc

We have a tradition going back to our second anniversary called "Verwegistan" (named after the proverbial country far far away in a Dutch Disney cartoon magazine from several decades ago).

It means that every anniversary one of us (we take turns) have to surprise the other with a multiple day trip. It must be kept a complete secret but it is not allowed to lie when you don't want to answer a question about the destination. I once got her on the plane to Venice, Italy blindfolded (this was several years ago though). Only in the plane did she find out where she was going.

H2Andy:
i would have to shoot anyone who brought me tickets
to Madam Butterfly.

just to clarify :wink:
Well, I'm glad I don't have to worry about you shooting me then Andy :D

So, anyone who is thinking of some way to reply to that but the main topic to. I'll save you the trouble.

So back to the "Most Romantic Thing"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom