Mouthpiece options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't move at all. Very easy to keep the reg in your mouth as the impressions for each tooth is a huge grip all by itself. I have one each on my main and octo

Pete, You have one on both second stages? A couple years ago during a Rescue Class we had a lady with one on her reg and found when reviewing air sharing that some of the students couldn't use it. It caused a couple to gag and one teenager couldn't even seal the mouthpiece to breath off it. One of the other students also had one that everyone could use though not very comfortable. Seems like a crapshoot if the diver was already borderline panicking to make it more difficult/uncomfortable for them. ( sorry this was hard to write just because of how it sounds)

Pete, You have one on both second stages?
I dive for me, so my gear is set up for me. Anyone in dire need of air is going to make it work.

Looks like I have the comfobite on my primary. I actually have a different style on the octo so I might try simply swapping them whilst looking into the Seacure.

Attachments

• IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 55
I purchased the Comfobite today. Got the small size - $13.95 installed at the LDS (they had some zip-tie puller/cutter tool that they used). My dentist says I have a small mouth - it is night and day compared to what came with the Scubapro S600. $14 bucks well spent.

I will second @The Chairman . Huge second. I was having so much jaw fatigue, even from the smaller comfo bites on Aqua Lung's mouthpiece. Miflex hoses also helped a bit because they weren't tugging at the mouthpiece as much so I wasn't fighting to keep them in as much but the Sea cure is AMAZING. Easy to mold and as he says, each of the impressions for each tooth helps to keep it in place and have it not move. I was also getting bloody gums from where mouthpieces would cut into my gums.

It's inexpensive and incredibly worth it.

This is much like cyclists talking about saddles. Three of them will favor one, two another, one another yet, four still a different one. If they can all make a century ride without a problem, who's right?

Answer: All of them! Until you try some out you won't know whether they work for you. Some feel OK in the shop and are later found wanting one way or another. And, like saddles, whether the mouthpiece is comfortable for *you* is all that matters. The good news, I suppose, is that the best regulator mouthpiece costs a fraction of what any decent saddle costs...so winding up with a few spares you don't like won't break the bank.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom