My first go with the GOPRO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will ask about this gopro contest and it also give some insight and Ideas.

OOP'S it is a blurfix contest.

So now I read the contest and it is the most likes on face book, I was thinking of different categories, so to keep it fun.

For what you are explaining that you want to capture, I think the helmet may very well be the best way to go... Unless you could get a dive buddy to become good at shooting the GoPro ( smoothly), and have them shoot you doing the entire stalking, shooting, the fight, and the stringing and bag shoot or whatever :)

I started using the GO PRO head mount. It has elastic bands and a clip for the camera base. It has worked well underwater, no so well at the surfac because the camera is out of the water too much.

I secured it by putting a thin lycra hood over the head strap and it was very secure, as long as the hood is under your chin, the thing can't really come off, except maybe in wild surf or something. The head mount is nly like $15

How good is the GO PRO (with or without the head mount)? Seems like you all like it, and the video looks nice. Does the video capture breathing bubbles and sound a lot (just comparing it to the Liquid Image Scuba Mask)?

Thanks dump, I really did not want to put a helmet back on, My cave dive is is far and between, and the divers many many years ago had that a helmet on every cave dive, I never really liked it. The light can move back to the bottom of gun, of course not sure how close ligt has to be to gopro, but something else to try.

Scuba not sure how to compare the two, yet gopro does look like a nice bang for your buck, with all attachments and things like blurfix, on the surface, a mask camera is cool, yet just one purpose.

Thanks for the info.

Bob,

Did you get the flat lens as well? I'm headed to the Turks and Caicos in 2 weeks and also just got a GoPro. after looking at your video I just ordered the blurfix but am thinking I should also get the filter.

BTW I dove a couple of those same dive sites last year.

Don

Bob,

Did you get the flat lens as well? I'm headed to the Turks and Caicos in 2 weeks and also just got a GoPro. after looking at your video I just ordered the blurfix but am thinking I should also get the filter.

BTW I dove a couple of those same dive sites last year.

Don

Yes, I got the URPro CY filter offered with the Blurfix Adapter.

I found a guy that is in the making of aluminum housing for the go pro and I do not know what depth rating is but hoping to 300' range, and will have to get some blur fix dimensions for the corrective lenses and all, not that it will be all that useful as lights will work better in deep depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom