My HOG 32 arrived today, WOW !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnAC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Man, what great looking wing, REAL QUALITY!!! As promised, here are some pics. Never mined the grey headed dude, check out that rig!

Thanks for the support, have some GREAT dives with it!

I finally made it out for a few dives this week. The wing performed great with excellent buoyancy on the surface. It is also easy to rinse out and clean. I felt a little top heavy on my first 2 dives, so we move the rig up higher on the tank and that took care of it. Very happy!!!

The Point at Old Marineland
2009_11120017.jpg

2009_11120002.jpg

Refugio State Beach
P1020019.jpg

Last edited:
I did my first real dive with 58lbs rig. I have single setup with Aeris 5 Oceans BCD (back inflate) and wanted to move forward from there. Shop had a great deal on BP/w combo (Dive Rite BP and harness and Hog wing) for $199 (add crotch strap for $15 and upgrade to SS BP for $8, still a great deal). So I got the doubles setup and my first dive was just few minutes as I had to figure out the settings. Major ordeal was that weight pockets were sliding around (some string tying it to BP solved the issue). Next day it was completely different story. A nice long dive. I was bit overweight I think as I had to pump my drysuit and wing quite a lot but this should be resolved in next few dives as I dial in the weight for the new setup.

So far I like my rig (Hog wing, 2 Hog 1st stages and 2 Hog second stages).

Got a deal so now I have added AL BP + harness and 32 lb HOG wing to my gear as well.

Now owning 3 HOG D1 Cold, 4 HOG 2nd stage, 58lb double and 32lb single HOG wings (as far as HOG gear is concerned that is) :)

Arranged with local YMCA to do a pool run tonight so I can dial in my weights with my 3mm suit and new BP/w for singles. Can't wait to test new HOG wing :)

I picked up one of the 58 lb wings from Tech Diving limited for a friend during their unbelievable sale for $150. What a great wing!! I told my friend I plan to give him my Halcyon and keep the Hog!!

Yeah, I got my Hog 32 early in the summer. My thoughts were that the quality
is 2nd. to none. I can't understand how edge can afford to sell em for the price
I paid. If you are just now finding your trim,wait till you do 25 or so dives with it.
You won't believe how effortless and streamlined it is.The inflator is neat also,
smooth and a tad slower than others with what feels like greater control.
All in all a fine piece of work. My wife will get one in her stocking this xmas.
good luck with yours. PORBEAGLE

So I took the new 32lb HOG wing to the pool for a spin this evening.

All I can say is wow! My old BCD was PITA to put on in the water and BP/w is so easy! I had no trouble donning and doffing it on the surface and underwater! And pool was only 7ft deep and I was floating just above the bottom.

I just realized that with several regs (first and second stage), couple of wings, SMB and finger reel from HOG I am becoming a walking advertising for HOG :)

put my HOG 32/Stainless BP/W with Hollis Elite 2 harness earlier this morning, took me a couple hours to get all the straps adjusted in, but I think I have in pretty good right now. It looks very well assembled and nicely made at a great price.

just have one question, why is the corrugated inflator tube so short, even with the plate very high on my back the tube is just over my shoulder, so short it doesn't really want to stay put. we'll see how much of an issue it is tomorrow when it gets maidened.

put my HOG 32/Stainless BP/W with Hollis Elite 2 harness earlier this morning, took me a couple hours to get all the straps adjusted in, but I think I have in pretty good right now. It looks very well assembled and nicely made at a great price.

just have one question, why is the corrugated inflator tube so short, even with the plate very high on my back the tube is just over my shoulder, so short it doesn't really want to stay put. we'll see how much of an issue it is tomorrow when it gets maidened.

Believe it or not , many want the hose shorter. Post some pictures so we can advise. It sounds like a configuration issue and I am sure we can help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom