My hula girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky:
I managed to pick up a couple of tanks from B&B this afternoon after the plane landed and burned them up. Maui isn't famous for afternoon shore dives but, this place ain't Orregon and I'm not going to waste a moment :)

Hey Al! You didn't waste any time!
Wish we were there with you... keep us updated.

Alan

We did 3 shore dives today. First was Honolua, then airport and then an afternoon dive at Ulua. Ulua had low vis but it was late. The vit at airport and Honolua was good but then again I'm used to 3-10 foot vis.

Water temps were 77-78 everywhere. Gotta love that.

Monday is a trip to Molokini. Can't wait for that.

Tim I sent you a pm.

The crater is OK, it's big draw is that it's always clear, always, and it's a boat ride. The back wall is the dive to do, from what I hear. Every time I did the crater I was in my boat and never got to do the wall. I had it scheduled for last Xmas morning but got over ruled becouse "Your going to spend it with me and my family". At 11:30 I pointed out I would have been back from the dive and we haden't left our room yet.
WHATEVER YOU DO do the shark dive at MOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $192 and it is the most awsome dive you will ever do in your life, hands down. MUST DO!

Last trip we did the backwall 9 times and I'm sure we'll do it that many times again. The backwall is one of my favorite all time dives.

Do the shark tank and it will be your new favorite!

We'll be in Maui this summer and had discussed doing the shark dive at MOC. It wound up being a short discussion because after doing the shark dive in the Bahamas, MOC's seemed rather tame. :wink:

I talked with a friend that did the back wall Saturday - 250ft vis - they could see the bottom of the boat above them (about 110ft) and the bottom of the ocean (about 350 ft) at the same time - an absolutely incredible day he said...

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
I talked with a friend that did the back wall Saturday - 250ft vis - they could see the bottom of the boat above them (about 110ft) and the bottom of the ocean (about 350 ft) at the same time - an absolutely incredible day he said...

Aloha, Tim
OK, now I'm not going to sleep until I get on the boat :D

33 sharks in a tank with just you to eat, how does it get any less tame? Either way it's worth doing. I only got bumped once! Can't wait to do it again...

Back
Top Bottom