My stay last week at The Blue Angel Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was in Coz 2 weeks ago I frequently drove by the BA. I have heard wonderful things about the place. Was traffic noise ever a problem?

I would suggest going to more liberal computers, so you aren't dealing with deco bs when it's not needed. I use an aeris atmos ai and it's known to be liberal and I've never had any problem. Glad you had a good time.
I think they have already ordered new computers. So many divers fall for that more conservative BS - usually just a unreasonable penalty, then end up ignoring them.

I dive Oceanics, same company, and while they are considered more liberal - no more so than all the agencies' tables. I am careful to stay on the SS until I am back into the green or safe zone tho, not ascending in the yellow or caution zone. It's also important for new owners to learn their computers well. :wink:
When I was in Coz 2 weeks ago I frequently drove by the BA. I have heard wonderful things about the place. Was traffic noise ever a problem?
Some say they've noticed but I don't think it's bad. Just turn the fan on.

Janine I stayed there lat Jan in an end unit & yes I noticed road noise at night, but after the first night it seemed less & less of an issue in regards to my sleep. I did do a trip report & take a few photos. All things considered the noisiest room I've had on the island was at the Iberostar many years ago when they gave us the best room in the place, which is on the beach right beside the walkway to the pier. Most nights people walked by talking loudly (maybe drunk) heading to / from the pier until dawn. Would I stay there again? YES (re both places).

Larry

So how do you rate my Mares Wide on the conservative liberal scale?
How many minutes does it give you at 60 ft?

Great report. We heard about Blue Angel on SB a couple years ago and have made serveral trips there and loved it each time. Our favorite was the week of Christmas a year ago. The staff prepared a Christmas Eve dinner for all of the guests and we had a great time. You really do become part of the dive family when you stay there.

Seems like around 45 minutes or so on air I am getting close to deco when running between 60 and 70 feet?
Do you not have a dive planner mode on the computer? If you don't know what it would allow, then we can't answer the original question. And I did fail to ask what it allows at sea level or at least below 2,000 ft, which I think you are.

I think Mare's is one of the more conservative, which means they give you even less dive time than Padi's tables. This review calls is conservative but you can adjust it to more liberal: Mares Puck Dive Computer Review That sounds like ignoring your computer's limits huh? :idk:

Happy to be one of your 'new' friends!!!! We had a blast too!

So heartwarming to read great reviews of Blue Angel! It's been way too many moons since I dove with them, but, all my memories are very vivid and positive. Has anyone got a recent photo of Jorge? If it's the same one I'm thinking of (and, granted, Jorge is a very common name down there)... then, he's likely been with BA for not just years, but decades! I remember him as a cherubic, perpetually mischievous, but highly knowledgeable DM. I dove with them for many return trips prior to the building of the cruise ship dock, back when there was no "resort" yet, just Pam's shop. Wasn't the place upstairs called "Papa's"...?

Back
Top Bottom