My stay last week at The Blue Angel Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe we ordered Aieres (sp?). I'll have to check with hubby but it was between that and Oceanic which we understand are comparable.

Yeah, I have an Aeris Atmos AI. It's a great computer and is liberal and has never gotten me in any trouble. Oceanic and Aeris are owned by the same company and I believe the algorithms on their computers are the same. I have one like the picture below and it's really super easy to use and having the tank pressure all in one in a reliable and liberal computer is really nice. I'm sure you will really like your Aeris.

200312GR_aeris_atmos_ai.jpg

Awesome trip report. We were diving with Jorge just 2 weeks ago and bug Jeanie to death requesting him with each trip. We love the way he leaves us alone when we want to be left alone or engages in hilarious conversations. His laid-back style suites us just perfectly.

We too have Cobras that I was tempted to replace before this trip but it's tough for me to justify since they do work. After this last trip, I firmly decided that they absolutely do not work! You may as well be diving single-level tables! We made a terrible mistake and still had ours set for cold muck diving at 6200 feet here in Colorado on our first dive in Coz! Needless to say, after 4 minutes on Columbia Deep they were screaming at us. I know... it was my fault but what computers do not automatically adjust for altitude? Pathetic! I'm curious to hear what your husband choose as replacements? I've got my eye set on a pair of Atomic Cobalts.

We just got our computers today and wish we had another dive trip planned in the near future! The one my husband chose for each of us is the Aeris XR2. I'll be reading the manual this weekend!

We just got our computers today and wish we had another dive trip planned in the near future! The one my husband chose for each of us is the Aeris XR2. I'll be reading the manual this weekend!
Aeris XR-2 Nitrox Wrist Computer Looks good. I hope you got the download cable and that it does Simulated Dives which can be very informative practice. That site claims it can only hold the last 12 dives but I think that depends on sampling rate - and I forget which is recommended by the techs I have talked to? Note: TURN DEFAULT OFF. Here is the product site with downloadable manual. DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Computers - XR-2

I get spare CR2450 Batteries from Ebay stores for almost free and carry a few on trips. Dive shops have silicone grease and the O-ring is reusable, but having the right battery is a trip saver. Hope you can ebay your old computers.

Aeris XR-2 Nitrox Wrist Computer Looks good. I hope you got the download cable and that it does Simulated Dives which can be very informative practice. That site claims it can only hold the last 12 dives but I think that depends on sampling rate - and I forget which is recommended by the techs I have talked to? Note: TURN DEFAULT OFF. Here is the product site with downloadable manual. DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Computers - XR-2

I get spare CR2450 Batteries from Ebay stores for almost free and carry a few on trips. Dive shops have silicone grease and the O-ring is reusable, but having the right battery is a trip saver. Hope you can ebay your old computers.
Thanks for the website for the manual, DD. Yep, we got the download cable, too. We're keeping our Suuntos and will use them for psi since the wrist computer isn't integrated. Also, the Suuntos have a nice compass so we won't have to buy those. We can put our Suuntos into "gauge" mode so they won't be screaming at us...yippeee!

Nice review! I always love to read what people write about this place.

I stayed and dived with Blue Angel Nov 12-19. What a great week! Six days of great diving, the last five with Jorge. He's truly a great guy and a lot of fun to be around. I particularly like swimthroughs and he led me into some great ones. It had been three long years since my last trip to Cozumel, and he was still there.

This was my third trip to Coz and second time with Blue Angel. The first was shortly after Robert and Eva bought the place, and they have made some nice changes to the property while maintaining a great dive operation. I found it interesting that they built there own air fill station, the fills were always consistently high. Wow, the restaurant rocks! So nice to have the free breakfast and lunch. Sometimes we'd have a late lunch and skip dinner, but they have great dinners as well. Amazing food at reasonable prices. The staff at the hotel was attentive and top notch. As others have said, don't expect a five-star resort but Blue Angel is perfect for me. It does fill up, the hotel only has 22 rooms and I booked the last one back in March. I miss it already, I'll be back. This is me and Jorge (on the left).
!Jorge Blue Angel.jpg

Where is blue Angel exactly, doesn't seem to be on Coz hotel maps??

Where is blue Angel exactly, doesn't seem to be on Coz hotel maps??
Old maps will show it as Caribe Blue, but it's even listed on Google maps correctly: cozumel hotels - Google Maps after you back off a bit.

Between Hotel Cozumel and Villablanca, but on the channel side. G on this view of the google map..

Capture.jpg

Thanks for the website for the manual, DD. Yep, we got the download cable, too. We're keeping our Suuntos and will use them for psi since the wrist computer isn't integrated. Also, the Suuntos have a nice compass so we won't have to buy those. We can put our Suuntos into "gauge" mode so they won't be screaming at us...yippeee!

...pretty sad to end up owning a pair of $ 1000 SPGs huh ?

:lol:

Yah, it kind of sucks, but we have had 10 good years with them (even tho our dive trips were sporatic). But, like I said, we can turn them into gauge mode and use them for air or nitrox psi since our new computers are wrist ones, plus the Suunto has a nice compass. Live and learn!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom