My very first rebreather...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
Sat's back! Welcome back to the Motherland!
BJD:D
He was gone? I figured he just dropped his PC into the sorb or spilled Betadyne on it ... :wacko:

Motherland??? You gotta lay off the Wodka! :D

In Germany it's Fatherland (so noch much used in the past 50 odd years) and Mothertongue (native language). Do the Russians have a Fathertongue, or do just most fathers have one?

Finally back on land:D I've been breathing helium for so long I forgot what my voice sounded like:D.

I need to go to bed for a month or so, I'm starting to feel my age.

sound like Donald Duck? :D

PWFletcher, what you can do to get C02 monitoring is get an Infinito, coming Evolution or an Inspiration with the coming new scrubber with C02 monitor

DrySuitDave once bubbled...
PWFletcher, what you can do to get C02 monitoring is get an Infinito, coming Evolution or an Inspiration with the coming new scrubber with C02 monitor
Or the current Megalodon, which will give you the temperature in the scrubber (as raw data rather than APD's bar graph).

Or you can just fill and use the scrubber to and within manufacturer guide lines. Some people already dive past those. That's the worry with scrubber monitoring: Some people will exceed scrubber times and believe it's justified to do so because they trust the display will be right. APD includes data download of all kind of parameters, including warnings, depth and run times as well as temps and other stuff. If you exceed the rating time and dive yourself into an accident they'll have proof of your goof ... .

Although staying within tested/recommended scrubber times won't help if you srew up assembling your rig. Diligent pre-dive testing and pre-breathing should take care of that.

Hi all:

I am happy to report that I just returned from Catalina an officially certified Mk-15 diver :chicken: !

My next twenty dives are in the swimming pool... :demented:

Thanks again for all of your support and advice.

Todd.

Todd:
Hi all:

I am happy to report that I just returned from Catalina an officially certified Mk-15 diver :chicken: !

My next twenty dives are in the swimming pool... :demented:

Thanks again for all of your support and advice.

Todd.

Oh, you are not going to get let off that easy! Do tell!

Todd:
I just returned from Catalina an officially certified Mk-15 diver :chicken: !
That was a long road (literally, from TX to CA twice) ... glad to hear you got through the training.

DrySuitDave:
Oh, you are not going to get let off that easy! Do tell!
Get in the holiday spirit and give, Dave, in this case a guy some time to breathe. He just left CA 24hrs ago.
Like that submersible Santa suit of yours, but what happened to the beard ?

caveseeker7:
That was a long road (literally, from TX to CA twice) ... glad to hear you got through the training.

Get in the holiday spirit and give, Dave, in this case a guy some time to breathe. He just left CA 24hrs ago.
Like that submersible Santa suit of yours, but what happened to the beard ?

Submersible Santa, lol......if he had time to gives us a teaser, he has time to spill his guts, lol.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom