Navel piercing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just make sure you take REAL good care of it - clean it regularly and thoroughly, don't touch without using anti-bacterial soap on your hands first.

I had my belly button pierced a few years ago and it was CONSTANTLY infected. After about 18 months of soreness, puss and bleeding I finally took it out. It healed quickly but I still have a little scar.

As for TONGUE piercing, I had that done in July last year, and I love it, my dentist said that he doesn't see anything about it that would be terribly damaging to my teeth (with the exception of the ball falling off and me crunching down on it which has NEVER happened in the last 9 months!). It does not interfere with my diving in the least - some people ask if I have trouble with the reg because of it but I don't. I work in the legal industry when on Uni holidays and none of the Partners have had any complaints about it. Most of them didn't even notice it for ages!

As for TATTOOs, I have three - all in relatively discreet places. All of them were extremely well planned, did NOT involve any alcohol/drugs and to this day are not regretted and are not likely to be.

In fact I'm already researching / planning my next one - I want "Ocean Goddess" in chinese symbols tattooed in the centre of my lower back - so its only visible when I've got a bikini on.

If you get any infection with your belly ring that causes you distress PLEASE see your GP for some antibacterial cream or some antibiotics, because the more it remains infected, the nastier its going to be in the long run.

Cheers

scuba_katt once bubbled...
Just make sure you take REAL good care of it - clean it regularly and thoroughly, don't touch without using anti-bacterial soap on your hands first.

I had my belly button pierced a few years ago and it was CONSTANTLY infected. After about 18 months of soreness, puss and bleeding I finally took it out. It healed quickly but I still have a little scar.

As for TONGUE piercing, I had that done in July last year, and I love it, my dentist said that he doesn't see anything about it that would be terribly damaging to my teeth (with the exception of the ball falling off and me crunching down on it which has NEVER happened in the last 9 months!). It does not interfere with my diving in the least - some people ask if I have trouble with the reg because of it but I don't. I work in the legal industry when on Uni holidays and none of the Partners have had any complaints about it. Most of them didn't even notice it for ages!

As for TATTOOs, I have three - all in relatively discreet places. All of them were extremely well planned, did NOT involve any alcohol/drugs and to this day are not regretted and are not likely to be.

In fact I'm already researching / planning my next one - I want "Ocean Goddess" in chinese symbols tattooed in the centre of my lower back - so its only visible when I've got a bikini on.

If you get any infection with your belly ring that causes you distress PLEASE see your GP for some antibacterial cream or some antibiotics, because the more it remains infected, the nastier its going to be in the long run.

Cheers

They gave me some antibacterial soap to clean it with (2-3 times a day). Hurts like the dickens when I clean it & then have to move the bar, but it's only been a day so it could only get better from here...Watched a girl get her tongue pierced before me, but don't have the desire to get that done anytime soon!! Already have one tattoo & would like to get another. Just can't decide what I want or where to put it.
Anyway, LOVE the dolphin jewelry I picked out & can't wait to go shopping for more!!!

You will have so much fun shopping for new belly rings - just make sure they definitely are made of the material they are advertised as - i've known of a few people who have bought "titanium" rings, only to get nasty infections and later discovered that the metal was in fact some impure mix of steel and silver or something (can't remember details)!

Enjoy flaunting it!!

CTurtle,

I sent a reply before but I don't see it. Anyway, you've been a good sport to take the razzing.

You're probably right about those macho guys.

Larry Stein

Laurence Stein DDS once bubbled...
CTurtle,

I sent a reply before but I don't see it. Anyway, you've been a good sport to take the razzing.

You're probably right about those macho guys.

Larry Stein

If there's one thing I've learned in all the years I've been on this earth, it's not to take anything personally..
It's been fun watching how this thread went from a simple navel piercing question to other things, but then most of the threads on this board tend to do that!!

Cindy

CTurtle

Hey, just an idea...to replace your beak, how about 6 gold teeth...you know, upper ones.:)

Larry

just think how it's going to look on you in a NURSING HOME!

Lawman once bubbled...

That was one of my questions when I got my tattoo. Wondered if it would look like a cocoon instead of a butterfly when I'm old & wrinkly!!
:confused:

Cindy

Lawman once bubbled...

My mother asked me that. My comment was 1) When I'm in a nursing home; I probably won't even see it anymore. and 2) even if I do see it, I'm probably not going to know it's my leg anyway.

I heard a really appropriate comment a few years ago. "The greatest difference between us is that those with tattoos don't care that the those without tattoos don't have tattoos.".

We may be a bit hung up on what "looks right" or doesn't on an older person (when we're not even that old yet).

Just think of the seriously inked elders in Borneo or Polynesia. I'm sure they don't get up each morning and think: "s*&@, the inkjob look really funny on my wrinkled old skin."

Back
Top Bottom