NC wreck trip - July 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys,

Yes, we are definitely doing it this summer, we are booking 4 days of diving in July. (I know, I have said that for the last 2 summers) Haven't picked dates yet, gotta find out what dates work best. We have some free tickets on Southwest to use, fly into Raleigh and rent car, make a week of it. I haven't been back to NC since I was in my 20s. :shocked2: My mom lives in Greensboro, might run over there to visit for a day. :D

So anyone else here on SB going to be diving with Olympus or Discovery during the last 2 weeks of July? Boats look like they are nearly full many days already. Ron's crazy work schedule has kept us from booking but we are going to go for it now. Might be able to get a few friends here to join us... we'll see. :wink:

robin:D

Nothing against Discovery or Olympus, they are great operations, but sites will be somewhat crowded with 20+ divers on the boat.
Try Tortuga tortuga dive charters he runs a very comfortable 6-pack & you get a better choice on dive sites. We even picked when we left the dock to make sure we were the 1st op on site.

Nothing against Discovery or Olympus, they are great operations, but sites will be somewhat crowded with 20+ divers on the boat.
Try Tortuga tortuga dive charters he runs a very comfortable 6-pack & you get a better choice on dive sites. We even picked when we left the dock to make sure we were the 1st op on site.

6-pack boats don't really work for us as I have a video rig and Ron has a large still camera rig. We need a place to put them, out of foot traffic and in shade preferrably. :wink:

26893_103710069661052_100000661777517_104608_867378_s.jpg

Is your video bigger than this?

Drewski takes it with him on Tortuga. Their boat is set up with plenty of room.

26893_103710069661052_100000661777517_104608_867378_s.jpg

Is your video bigger than this?

Drewski takes it with him on Tortuga. Their boat is set up with plenty of room.

no, my video rig is a bit smaller, but my husband's still camera rig is that big. :wink:

Hey guys,

Yes, we are definitely doing it this summer, we are booking 4 days of diving in July. (I know, I have said that for the last 2 summers) Haven't picked dates yet, gotta find out what dates work best. We have some free tickets on Southwest to use, fly into Raleigh and rent car, make a week of it. I haven't been back to NC since I was in my 20s. :shocked2: My mom lives in Greensboro, might run over there to visit for a day. :D

So anyone else here on SB going to be diving with Olympus or Discovery during the last 2 weeks of July? Boats look like they are nearly full many days already. Ron's crazy work schedule has kept us from booking but we are going to go for it now. Might be able to get a few friends here to join us... we'll see. :wink:

I'll probably be diving somewhere with someone those weekends. I've never had trouble finding a spot with a good operator at the last minute which is how I like to roll down there since I am "local" in the summer. Let me know who you book on and I may see you there! PM me if you want some good recommendations for places to stay, eat, etc.

I'll probably be diving somewhere with someone those weekends. I've never had trouble finding a spot with a good operator at the last minute which is how I like to roll down there since I am "local" in the summer. Let me know who you book on and I may see you there! PM me if you want some good recommendations for places to stay, eat, etc.

thanks.... when it gets closer we will post here again to let you know! :wink:

robin

I am on the 17th and 18th with Olympus (my first time with them) - booking through a LDS here in Raleigh,

FYI, I have heard great things about Tortuga. I will diving with them this summer as well.
Also, discovery has a 6 pack I have dove with several times and taken my camera and never had probs.

If we lived closer by, we might be willing to experiment with dive ops, but since we are flying cross-country, I think we will stick with one of the dive ops our friends (also photographers with big rigs) have used and liked. After this trip, if we like the diving and want to return, we will maybe check out some of the other dive ops along the coast, different areas, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom