Neck seal keeps roilling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need some advice on how to keep my neck seal from rolling. My former suit was a fusion with a silicone neck seal. My new suit is a dui with a latex neck seal. I never had a problem with my fusion, but with the dui the neck seal keeps rolling on its self and if I don't have someone to double check it, I get wet.

In my experience, seal rolling is caused by improper fit or having a short, wide neck(like I do). Have you trimmed it? I had to use a little trial and error to keep mine from rolling, it was finally cured by an experienced person showing me how to properly size and trim my seal.

Have you tried pulling it down and making the end of the seal sit lower on your neck; closer to the widest part of your neck?

I have trimmed it not experienced at all other than you tube my silicone seal didn't need to be trimmed. If anything it might be tighter than what it should be but didn't want to get it to big. I noticed that there is lota of material that is bunching up that wasn't on my silicone seal didn't know If this had an effect

Why does it matter if the seal rolls? It still seals, or at least mine does when this happens.

Usually this is from to tight of a neck seal. My latex ones never did this, however my silicone tends to roll a lot. Mind you I have never trimmed.

Regards

Steve

Tuck it? No I don't do that and honestly don't know how. It doesn't matter that it rolls, what matters when it does roll it leaks

Tuck it? No I don't do that and honestly don't know how.

Fold the seal inwards against your neck. The fold should be about 2cm (a little less than 1") from the edge. Pretty much as you're supposed to do with a neoprene neck seal. Most people I know, myself included, prefer it that way. As a bonus, your seal won't "burp" when you fill your suit a bit at the surface or if you for some reason should want to go vertical in the water.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Ok thanks for that info, no I don't do that but my seal doesn't burp anyways even almost fully inflated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom