Need some advice regarding amount of lift for a wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone, lots more interesting things.

The cost of the backplates isn't that high as I'm having them made locally by a metal fabricators here (one of the advantages of living in the oil patch. There are no dive shops in Brunei, and having things shipped here is very expensive, particularly when you factor in the weight of steel etc. so it makes more sense to get one made here. Cost for a steel on is around $40-50. Aluminium is less. Steel prices have doubled in the last year or two here.

Flying with a steel backplate seemed silly when you're paying for the extra pounds to travel, and you are pretty limited with budget airlines, I think i'll go with an Alu plate and a weight belt I can load with weight at a resort. Steel for the doubles at home. If I'm going somewhere I need the doubles for technical diving in the future, I won't mind the extra weight of the plate.

the zeagle wing for singles sounds a good idea for now, thanks kraken, I'll have to look into that more carefully. I may also have to look at the cost of shipping a classic wing from leisurepro, that's a good price.

Thanks all.

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom