Need something 3D printed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R2-D2 dump pulls!
Hmm. Like a little BC charm? Interesting...

If you want one I could try and make something. If I can find a model.

This is epic!! I might take you up on this offer.

So nice to have board members offering support like this.
Just let me know what you want.

You could try photography forums? The focus gears from the manufacturers are way pricey.
Another interesting idea. I don't know much about these gears but I'm sure I could come up with a model if someone needs one. I'll maybe check there. Thanks!

I know there is a specific forum but I figured I'd throw this out for non 3d printer folks. I've got a couple FDM printers and a resin printer that are sitting idle most of the time. If anyone wants anything printed please let me know. I'm not doing it to make money, I just like printing but I don't have much to print right now. If you have a file let me know or I could help draw something up if you have an odd part to make.

In your discription of your printing you mentioned using resin, I was interested to know if you could print neoprene materials? I have a round disk diaphragm used as a flexiable regular valve seat needind replacing. Dimentions are approx. 3 1/2 dia. by 3/8 inch high with very thin material thickness of approx. 1/8 in. Thanks, Dan

In your discription of your printing you mentioned using resin, I was interested to know if you could print neoprene materials? I have a round disk diaphragm used as a flexiable regular valve seat needind replacing. Dimentions are approx. 3 1/2 dia. by 3/8 inch high with very thin material thickness of approx. 1/8 in. Thanks, Dan
The best I could do is a material called TPU. It's flexible but I'm not sure if it would work for your needs. There are some other resins out there that might work but I dont know for sure, and some are really expensive.
Can you print metal?
Unfortunately, no. Those printers are out of my budget 😂

I have something, but it isn't dive related (windscreen lever for a motorbike). Let me know if that's something you'd consider printing and I'll shoot you the details via PM.

I just started a thread to document my 3d (SLA) printed dryglove cuff to replace my broken Sitech Antares one... Once i get that working, that would be a perfect application- replace a $100 system with $10 of resin...

I know there is a specific forum but I figured I'd throw this out for non 3d printer folks. I've got a couple FDM printers and a resin printer that are sitting idle most of the time. If anyone wants anything printed please let me know. I'm not doing it to make money, I just like printing but I don't have much to print right now. If you have a file let me know or I could help draw something up if you have an odd part to make.
I know this is from a couple months ago, but this is a fantastic offer and I wanted to comment. I really enjoy 3D printing as well. I just have a 6x6x6 FDM printer, and do a lot of "around the house" printing in PLA, and I've done outdoorsy stuff out of printed out of ABS. Its a really cool feeling when you successfully print something that either doesn't exist (and it works) or fix something broken (that is no longer being made). I haven't dabbled in resin yet, and maybe now is the time:

The first thing I did when I got my new backplate was design and print a cool bungie bracket to hold a dsmb directly to the bottom right back instead of dangling off a d ring. It needed voids for the webbing slots a couple other through-holes, so it was a pretty precise part. Every time I print something I learn something new. This time I figured out that I could take a 3d design and export it as a 2d .svg and it would be line drawing where the part intersected the plane. I could then print that svg on a laser printer and hold it up to the back plate, making small adjustments and re-printing on paper until everything lined up perfectly before wasting a bunch of filament on actual 3d test prints. But I digress....

Final iteration came out beautifully, but I never used it.

As I was threading the bungie through the keepers, something my (yours too I'd wager) instructor did in one of the first training dives came "flooding" back. Remember that thing where they took a water bottle full of air at the surface, and then capped it and slipped it into their BCD, and then later pulled it out at the bottom and it was this little crushed mini-bottle of air at multiple atmospheres of pressure?

I thought to myself.... Every little hexagonal void in this beautiful 3d print I just made is a little mini water bottle... Its not going to fail spectacularly, but there's a good chance after a couple dives this cool bracket is going to be delaminating, water will slowly fill the voids and its going to be a hot mess right quick.

Is it just me or is 3d printing scuba parts using FDM just not going to work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom