Need Titan LX 2nd stage manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigredbill

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know where there is an electronic copy of the overhaul manual for the Titan LX 2nd stage? I can find lots of copies of the Titan manual and some of the Legend LX manual, but nothing for the Titan LX 2nd. I would guess it is fairly similar to the Legend LX, but doesn't have cracking press. adjustment. Would like to find the real deal. Thanks!

Thanks Panic - I have tried these sites but they do not have what I am looking for. Any other suggestions?

BTW, another good site for manuals is http://www.deepsouthdivers.org/ - go thru the Talk - equipment - regulators tabs on the lefthand side.

Anyone find a Titan LX manual yet (I have the 1st, need the second stage manual)? I tried all links. I used to have some 2nd stage kits but sold them. I think the second stage is almost the same as an Apeks ATX reg? I can't figure out how the front cover comes off. Seems a little different than Apeks in that regard.

I don't have a manual but the cover should come off just like a Legend. The Legend (not LX) and the Titan LX 2nds are the same. The guy above did say he found a Legend manual.

Red Sea Shadow:
This may be offtopic but I have a Titan (regular, not LX) second. It seems the same as LX but some people say it's unbalanced. It this true? What are the differences between regular Titan and LX, beside the size and shape?

I went through this when buying a Legend this past year although I am not a reg expert. The Titan is not an air balanced second. The Titan LX 2nd is the same as the Legend and is air balanced. The Legend LX is air balanced and cracking effort adjustable. Note that the LX Octo (no longer made) and the Legend Octo are really the same with different prices and wording. :)

This may help finding manuals.

jmps:
I don't have a manual but the cover should come off just like a Legend. The Legend (not LX) and the Titan LX 2nds are the same. The guy above did say he found a Legend manual.

Yep you're right :) Thank you! Mine was on real hard, not much gripping area on the ring. Then I remembered the Billy Mays endorsed Christmas present I never used hanging in the garage. The "original grip wrench pro" basically a rubber strap wrench, worked like a champ! Got the ring to screw right off. The Legend manual I have is close enough to rebuild it. And I found that my Apeks AP0219/AA TX100 2nd stage kit has all the same orings for the Titan LX second. There are some differences but it looks almost the same as my ATX200 second stage. I cross referenced the orings in case someone goes down the same road looking for parts etc.

17,22 listed as 820015 = AP1267 valve body and heat exch. orings
20,38 listed as 820010= AP1154 crown and lp hose swivel end
32,42 listed as 820011= AP1409 adjuster screw and lp hose tank end
18 = AP1438 venturi lever oring
26 = AP2034 seat (same as Apeks ATX)
28 = AP2041 shuttle valve oring

There is a ebay users called manualsupply or something that sells Aqualung service manuals on CD on Ebay. I think around $8 per CD. Do a search for Aqualung and you'll find him.

Back
Top Bottom