Need to login constantly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two step verification disabled. If you would like to enable it, the option is in the profile drop-down menu.

@HowardE will alert him to this thread now.

I do have it enabled, and have since it became an option. When I came to the site just now, I had to log in yet again, and it did not ask for my 2-factor code. By the way, two step and two factor are different terms for the exact same thing, with 'factor' being by far the most common phrasing.

You using an adblocker? That will do it.

I see ads on Scubaboard, so I'd say for me, adblocker is not the problem.

I am the OP. My issue is on an iPhone with two ad blockers installed. I will disable both, try it for awhile, and if the issue is fixed I will try enabling one ad blocker.

I do have it enabled, and have since it became an option. When I came to the site just now, I had to log in yet again, and it did not ask for my 2-factor code. By the way, two step and two factor are different terms for the exact same thing, with 'factor' being by far the most common phrasing.

Agreed. Changed to "Two Factor"

I am the OP. My issue is on an iPhone with two ad blockers installed. I will disable both, try it for awhile, and if the issue is fixed I will try enabling one ad blocker.

Are you saying that this issue only happens on select iphones, and not all iphones? With that being the case, there is little that I can do to the site's settings to fix your issue. It would seem logical to conclude that the issue is something with your personal phone settings, and or applications which you may have installed on your phone.

If this was an iphone problem in general, where ALL (or even a majority of) users of iphones were experiencing this same issue, then I'd be inclined to think that it's something on ScubaBoard itself. Since I don't actually have an iphone, but only an iPhone simulator for development and testing purposes, I can't replicate this issue myself.

It's happening on my Android, Samsung Galaxy SIIl. So it isn't just some iPhones. I'm going to be trading up shortly to the S6 and will hope for no problem after that.

It's happening on my Android, Samsung Galaxy SIIl. So it isn't just some iPhones. I'm going to be trading up shortly to the S6 and will hope for no problem after that.

I own several mobile devices, and it doesn't happen to me. I frequently use a GS6 and a Samsung Tab4 with no issues. Once again, the cause of an issue like this is most likely device settings, browser settings, or some other application on your device that is causing it. If it was ScubaBoard causing the issue, then it would happen for ALL or at least for MOST. Not just one or two out of thousands of users. Sorry.

Yes, I am sure it is an issue with a setting or another app. I posted in hopes someone else might have uncovered it.

Happens to me too. Sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom