Needing some input, please--MC9? HOG? Other? :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your diving in the Northeast (Though I've never had a problem anywhere in the US) DIN regs are fine and preferred in my opinion. If you go on vacation somewhere, that's where you would use the adapter. It will not get stuck if you only use it for that.

My other opinion is make sure you get sealed regs. Its worth paying a little extra.

I dive Apeks, but I'm very interested in HOGs, because I hate not being able to get training to service my own regs.

I think when it comes to my life - I'm the one who takes it the most serious.

I have no experience with DIN. I still rent tanks and I travel alot so yoke would prob be more practical at this point. Im def going with sealed regs my adventures sometimes take me to questionable waters around the NJ/NY area :)

I do not find many cressi stores around, AFAIK my LDS is one of the very few. Check if you can easily service them. The regs I heard are popular and well established in europe, personally here I would stick to major brands like Aqualung/ Apeks , Scubapro. Oceanic also seems to be good, I had one of their regs and it was a good breather .
If you dive questionable waters I would go with either Apeks XtX50/ Aqualung Legend/ or Scubapro Mk17/G250.
I dive Apeks and SP(recently) and by a small margin I now prefer G250V.

I use Apeks and my son uses Hog. Both are great cold water regs, although the Hog is cheaper. If the LDS you rent your tanks from uses convertable valves, DIN won't be an issue for you. We have 4 tanks and my son just removes the valve insert when he hooks up. He has the yoke adapter for travel when / if required.

If your diving in NJ - go with Din and buy a yoke adapter for when you travel.

Hog is the best "bang for the buck" out there and they perform great

It will be a cold day in hell before I recommend or buy HOG regs to anyone. I have a customer who has been waiting almost two months for his HOG regs we ordered. Go with a manufacturer who can actually fill their orders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom