New Deep 6 DGX reg at Dive Gear Express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks doesn't hold patents on those designs, but they are blatantly knocked off. Imitation is the best form of flattery, so I don't see an issue with it, and without patents, there's no legal reason not to.
The parts between the HOG D1, now the Deep6 thing through DGX, and the Apeks DST do in fact interchange *did it for the first time myself 7 years ago....*

As far as baseless aspersions, it's known that the design was copied from Apeks, you can't really deny that, so that takes care of baseless, but on the aspersion front, it's not an attack on anyone at all. The design that they use is open so long as you don't have any ethical issues with copying someone elses design. Frankly I see no reason not to, and if they wanted to patent it to protect it, they would have. They didn't, so in the best interest of creating the most versatile regulators, it makes sense to follow in their footsteps
Can we have a serious conversation about how many brands have used that first stage?

Of top of my head there is HOG, DGX (via Deep 6 :) ), IST, Scubamax, Salvo (RIP), Sea Elite, and host of brands that haven't gotten any traction in the US

Now, other close copies of that reg? XS Scuba, Hollis come to mind right away..I know there are more

Chris doesn't need to 'learn marketing'. He's beyond that and trying to reinvent it for the Scuba Industry. I've seen Chris reinvent himself three times now, and each iteration is a great improvement over the last. Will he succeed in his attempt? Probably. The only major hole in his strategery, is the lack of a left hand second stage from the line up. :D :D :D As much as I want one so I can dive his regs on sidemount, I doubt that it will impact his brand one bit. I also enjoy harassing him about it! Probably a bit too much.
just because I pretend to not listen doesn't mean I am not listening. :)

Here's the thing..the reversible regs sold like ..poorly.

More than that, I really felt the implementation mechanically was kinda a "shade tree" one. It didn't make me feel any pride of delivery even when they sold (which again wasn't that often)

I won't do a reg that is reversible again, I may do one that can come in from either side, however I dislike the servo design often used in them so have some tinkering and arguing to do with engineers. It's something I want to play with, but not a huge priority right now. I have fantastic regs, I am adding some other fantastic products, when the current batch of stuff I am developing is at market, I may turn my head and time back to a new second stage.. that will be at least 18 months away

@The Chairman the key isn't left hand regs, it's knocking off yet another apeks design and using the same paradigm that they use in all of the XTX series where they are all reversible nothing but an adjustable wrench to get the hose and nut off.
dude.. seriously, when I choose the D1 to offer in HOG, it was because it was what I could get... now I don't have to settle for what I can get and throw a logo on, I can actually do new designs. Yeah, I take inspiration from other products, who doesn't? What I really have no intention of doing is full on copies with only a logo change. OEM and ODM are different. Deep 6 is a ODM model versus OEM.

Introducing the all-new left hand regulator by Deep 6! That's right, you too can be the proud owner of the new 2nd Stage Begaeon regulator for the low price of $799. Supply is limited, so order now before @The Chairman buys all of them!

New Reg.jpg

Introducing the all-new left hand regulator by Deep 6! That's right, you too can be the proud owner of the new 2nd Stage Begaeon regulator for the low price of $799. Supply is limited, so order now before @The Chairman buys all of them!

View attachment 406124
that actually looks like a @The Chairman would do

View attachment 406124
Hmnnn... definitely a "NAUI" solution! :D :D :D No wonder why Chrissy approves. :D :D :D

that will be at least 18 months away
I'm patient. Some say too patient. In fact, you've said that I'm too patient. :D I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom