New Galapagos video part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Finished my 1st draft of part 1. Still need to do the narrated intro, I might change the soundtrack and will probably make other changes, but wanted to share my experience.

[vimeo]6407547[/vimeo]

Wow, Ron. Amazing footage! Can't wait to see the final product. :dropmouth:

As far as your music and lack of narration... I think the music will work fine if you add in some narration. I am not really sold on the music alone, it is kinda predictable and generic Spanish guitar. Maybe just me.

BTW, when I watched it, I don't know if Vimeo was having problems or not, but it was very jerky. I am sure you didn't produce it that way.

robin:D

Nice work! How were the shark numbers on your trip? Did you see many galapagos or silkies?

Look forward to seeing the rest!

Hi Ron,

This is Eddie from the Galapagos trip. Your video is awesome already and is waaaaaay better than Solon's!! I can't wait to see the rest as well as show my friends and family our trip as documented by you!

Thanks Eddie. I'm still not sure about the music. I want to use something Spanish/Latin because it's Galapagos Ecuador South America, but haven't found anything I really like.

Part 2 is coming up soon. I'm guessing the whole video will be about 4-5 parts including a land portion. Still have to write/record the narration.

Check my signature below for a link to my site with videos from other trips.

Lemon, not having much to compare to, I would describes the shark numbers as "groups" of sharks. A few times I would use the word "school", but tough to say since my past experiences have been seeing single lone sharks in the Caribbean. I should have parts 2 and 3 up on vimeo soon, so you can see the amount of hammerheads.

Last edited:
I've been watching your various rough drafts pop up on vimeo. Looks like you guys had some reaaally sweet whale shark encounters!

Yes, we were very lucky. It was a trip of a lifetime. Saw 13 whale sharks. It also pays to be in shape. Chasing the whale sharks against the current is not easy. Especially pushing a video housing. I'm glad I started running a few weeks before the trip.

Sunfish also, nice. It is really interesting how relaxed the hammerheads are. In Malpelo you need to dive with a rebreather to see them like this. Looks really like the trip of a lifetime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom