DIR- GUE New GUE Project Diver (Level 3) Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccrprospect

Contributor
Reaction score
Thoughts on this new pilot program? Will it take off?

The prerequisites for the apprentice project are insane: CCR 2, 1000 dives, Gas Blender, among other things.

Thoughts on this new pilot program? Will it take off?

The prerequisites for the apprentice project are insane: CCR 2, 1000 dives, Gas Blender, among other things.

They sorta just seem like table stakes for the stated goal:

Divers participating in a Level 3 Apprentice Project will work as a team to overcome complex logistics while capturing sophisticated data in remote and challenging environments.

Seems a little card-collecty for me.

If you already have all those skills, you don’t need a card to confirm it. If you’re one of those people, it is known.
I feel like this is out there to find the next generation of leadership and succession planning

I wonder what GUE card I could get for carrying tanks and scooters from the trucks to the sinks and back again?

I wonder what GUE card I could get for carrying tanks and scooters from the trucks to the sinks and back again?

No GUE cert, but you might get invited to buy a shiny red drysuit.

No GUE cert, but you might get invited to buy a shiny red drysuit.
after you buy it though, they just let dogs eat your suit.

Attachments

• 30457C60-74A4-4D0D-A168-E35D31229AB5.jpeg
    30457C60-74A4-4D0D-A168-E35D31229AB5.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 78
I know a couple local GUE instructors who were involved with some archaeological projects in the Baltic Sea. My guess is that GUE is trying to organize a set of practices/procedures from what they have learned from their various expeditions worldwide.

Per the website, GUE had one environmental focused project in Greece in 2017. I do not know what legal body was established for that particular project.

Having established recently an NGO in Greece for the purpose of supporting maritime archaeology and marine science, legitimacy is critical. If GUE wants to expand projects in Greece, having members who have undergone this certification does bode well, as it isn't easy for outsiders to operate there. There have been some issues in the past that has resulted in litigation and people associated with those projects who were not responsible for the wrongdoings were blacklisted for a number of years.

There are some sites/shipwrecks in Greece that do warrant these kind of credentials.

I see this as appropriate for projects that are out of reach for the vast majority of divers.

That's the Peak Performance Surface Manager specialty. Do the fish ID on nitrox between trips to the trucks and you are almost all the way to master diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom