New guy from the city that rhymes with fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I can elaborate a bit. Never even snorkeled much before I took my OW course in Playa. Totally in love with diving now, but I have to work out some kinks (weight issues, issues with finding a mask to fit my oddly shaped head, issues with not being a rich person so the wife constantly asks if I'm buying new scuba gear when I go online). Wanting to take Advanced OW this spring and maybe a few different specialty courses. Definitely need a dry suit up here so I'll be spending a pile of money on one of those and adding another course. Want to go full face mask too, and the comms gear sounds like a hoot, so I guess more money there.

Welcome !

Welcome. Do you plan on diving locally? Brrrrrr,

Welcome from Nova Scotia. Can't be much to see in S. Sask. I did my Masters decades ago at U. of R. If you ever dive "The Wascana" let me know what's down there. Way back then the conductor of the Symphony has his car stolen and dumped in there. You may try Last Mountain Lake--I had a nice swim there once. Never heard of the Queen City rhyming with "fun"....Let's go Bombers....

Mask fit issues?! Hah, are you in for some fun! I'm going through the same right now!

Welcome. We are here to help fuel your new addiction.
If you're worried about spending money on dive gear....try to convince the wife to go diving too. You'll have an automatic buddy, and then she can enjoy in the "shopping" together with you. lol. And like me, you'll be poor in the bank account, but rich in dive gear. :jump:

issues with not being a rich person so the wife constantly asks if I'm buying new scuba gear when I go online

Haha, I can empathise. My wife does dive so maybe its a slightly easier sell to her.

Welcome on (Scuba)Board :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom