"new look" tweaks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As far as the homepage is concerned, is it possible to have the list of "threads" and "articles" in the "Get the Latest" block not truncated? It seems there is plenty of unused real estate to use.

I clicked on the thread titled, "I would love to see a tan", only to be disappointed when I found the ubiquitous, "I would love to see a tank explode", thread.

Otherwise, the new look is great!

Also, thanks for the pda scheme! That will be awesome! :D

As far as the homepage is concerned, is it possible to have the list of "threads" and "articles" in the "Get the Latest" block not truncated? It seems there is plenty of unused real estate to use.

I clicked on the thread titled, "I would love to see a tan", only to be disappointed when I found the ubiquitous, "I would love to see a tank explode", thread.

Otherwise, the new look is great!

Also, thanks for the pda scheme! That will be awesome! :D

Unused Real Estate? You're referring to the sides? The homepage is designed to be viewed on 1024 wide screens. If your screen resolution is wider, then there will be white space.

The homepage was designed by a non-scubaboard member, and therefore we will not be making any changes at this time to the homepage.

The new PDA style which is compatible with vBulletin 3.7 will be available shortly (as soon as I get a chance, becuase I use SB on my PDA quite a bit and this PDA skin for vB 3.6 has some new problems due to the upgrade)

-------------------------------------------------

There are also some functions which are completly unrelated to the redesign but ARE related to the upgrade to vBulletin 3.7 (which we performed on Sunday) which may cause some lapses in standard functionality (including some supporting member benefits). All NORMAL functions including subscriber benefits will be examined shortly.

Unused Real Estate? You're referring to the sides? The homepage is designed to be viewed on 1024 wide screens. If your screen resolution is wider, then there will be white space.

The homepage was designed by a non-scubaboard member, and therefore we will not be making any changes at this time to the homepage.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought the layout seemed a bit less than optimal. 1024 pixels wide? Is the homepage actually rendering as intended? Everything is crammed into a column on the left about 400 pixels wide, with white space to the right. As the OP said, it would be nice if "Get the Latest" showed more text, and there seems to be lots of space available.

SB_homepage.JPG

I took a screen shot on my laptop that captured at 1032 x 746 - which I reduced to 640 wide so I won't blow the thread width, and this the my view of Home page...
[c]
243ou4h.jpg

[/c]

I wonder if Bleeb has something turned off?

I have Java off briefly, forgot, and wondered why certain functions didn't work here - until I rememberd. :silly:

I wonder if Bleeb has something turned off?

I have Java off briefly, forgot, and wondered why certain functions didn't work here - until I rememberd. :silly:

Is that Java or JavaScript? A quick peak of at the source code only showed the latter, which I have enabled (at least for SB). :dork2:

The right hand column stuff shows up below the left hand column, while the drop downs at the top, map regions, and search button all seem to work. One (faintly) possible clue: I noticed you and El O both posted FireFox screen shots, while mine is IE6.0 (XP SP2).

BTW just thought I should mention, for me this is just a minor nit, curiosity and my minor contribution to the continued good functioning of SB, and not a major bug. Our tireless sysadmins are obviously capable of deciding what priority it really has.

Oh I had both Java and Java script off at the time but that shouldn't be your problem. I just noticed Howard posting on this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/233403-new-home-page.html that IE6 could be the cause - and they want to fix it so that IE6 viewers don't have the problem. I use Firefox as much as possible with IE7 and even AOL Explorer :11: and the problem does not show on any of those three.

Psst: Get Firefox, so much better! You can have it and Explorer both Pinned to Start and on your Desktop. There are a few sites I still use IE on; I have all three browsers open on my computer now. And update your IE to 7 maybe.

Yeah, it does open correctly in Firefox, but not in IE 6. I'm not sure why...

It still would be nice not to have the threads and articles truncated, though...

Back
Top Bottom