New Seaskin drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received my Seaskin Nova today. I am very happy, just based on trying it on in my living room.

I got the Nova suit itself with just about every option the offer, including the Si Tech Trigon pee valve. I got the zippered pockets, and shoulder and elbow PU reinforcement, plus the Kevlar knee pads. And Si Tech Quick Neck system and Kubi rings to match the Kubi dry glove setup I already had. I also did get the fully telescoping torso option. And, to be honest on that, it seems like the overlap for telescoping is a fair bit longer than it needs to be. But, certainly not a big deal.

I also got the made-to-measure 250gr bunny suit, the 150gr shorty, the 150gr socks, and their base layer.

The only thing I have not tried on is I did not try the bunny suit with the shorty over it and then the dry suit on over all that. I did try the suit with base layer, socks, and bunny suit. I was sweating my ass off at that point and not inclined to try adding another layer. With the base layer and bunny suit on, it felt snug and, at this point, I am a little skeptical that I can add the shorty over the bunny suit and still comfortably reach my valves. But, the bunny suit was so warm, I am hopeful I will never be so cold that I need to add the shorty. We'll see. The shorty has no sleeves, so maybe it won't really affect my reach to my valves.

The suit itself feels like a nice, very sturdy material. Definitely more heavy duty than my Waterproof D9X suit I have been diving.

I am slated to do 4 days of diving on the Saint Lawrence River this weekend. Taking @Trace Malinowski's Advanced Wreck class. I'm thinking I will wear this new suit (or at least try it on Dive 1). I'll post a more thorough review after that. The river is supposed to be warm-ish right now. At least, a lot warmer than my local quarry. I may not even need the bunny suit. Possibly just base layer and some thin Merino wool. Fingers crossed that I can both be warm and still reach my valves! :D

Pics of the Nova and the bunny suit. It looks orange, but it is actually a nice shade of red.

Nova.jpg

Bunny1.jpg

St. Lawrence went from 73 F to 66 F this week.

DFD3F26F-D53E-4524-833D-F6C8711B2BE1.jpeg
I have been diving my nova for a few months and absolutely love it. I also got all the upgrades and options including undersuit. I used to have 100 mm Kubi gloves but had to go to the 90mm set to get them built in so I have a hard time getting the gloves on and off but Kubi gloves are wonderfull and I would not trade them for any other. Here we are spearfishing burbot in child’s lake Manitoba Canada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom