New Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You keep making it about money and it's not. Some of us think air is for tires and do our own VIPs or have friends who are certified do them. I know people who quite literally own dozens of tanks, but wouldn't pay 15$ for a shop VIP and for you to say scuba isn't for the activity for them is actually amusing.

...Again, if sticker is from a real LDS no problem. No address, no name of facility generic type sticker, no fill, air or nitrox. An inspection is only $15 and includes a fill. An air fill is $5 to $7 , so you are looking at an inspection for $8..if that is too expensive for you scuba is the wrong activity for you. We have some people come it with as many of 10 tanks at one time and discount down for them.

I was on a dive trip a while back where we were putting viz stickers on tanks in the parking lot of the dive shop prior to getting fills. They guy at the shop had a laugh and then filled the tanks :)

You keep making it about money and it's not. Some of us think air is for tires and do our own VIPs or have friends who are certified do them. I know people who quite literally own dozens of tanks, but wouldn't pay 15$ for a shop VIP and for you to say scuba isn't for the activity for them is actually amusing.
Where did you not see that I wrote for regular customers with multiple tanks we discount. Standard Air fill is $7, for $8 more we do visual, less for those customers. do your friends carry liability insurance that if something happens during a fill the insurance pays for repairs to fill station and medical bills?

Where did you not see that I wrote for regular customers with multiple tanks we discount. Standard Air fill is $7, for $8 more we do visual, less for those customers. do your friends carry liability insurance that if something happens during a fill the insurance pays for repairs to fill station and medical bills?

Do you really think that some other shop's insurance would owe you anything because that shop did a VIS last week, last month, or even 11 months ago and said there was nothing wrong with that tank at that time. Seems to me their question would be, "What did your shop do wrong to cause the accident?"

Paid ~$150 ea. online, shipped; I put it together. No fill, no sticker.

What difference does your discount make to me? I don't need to pay ANYTHING. I don't put air in my tanks so that's not going to do anything for me. Further, your liability issue is a red herring as mentioned by someone else above.

You basically said I couldn't afford to be diving if I didn't want to have your dive shop do a vis and I say it's not about the money, it's about the principle.

What difference does your discount make to me? I don't need to pay ANYTHING. I don't put air in my tanks so that's not going to do anything for me. Further, your liability issue is a red herring as mentioned by someone else above.

You basically said I couldn't afford to be diving if I didn't want to have your dive shop do a vis and I say it's not about the money, it's about the principle.
Keep your principle. Put whatever gas you like in your tank. Just do not get upset when a shop refuses to fill the tanks. Go to a place that really needs the money from a fill. For a lousy $7 fill we can refuse to fill it as it would not affect business one bit. Liability issue is real. Knowing where last inspection was done by a real facility is a starting point of any investigation and at least a possible lead for a shared liability.

I've never had to get upset because in fifteen plus years I have never had a problem with my principles in this regard... Just lucky I guess that I haven't run into shops like yours. For sure I'd not return if I did!!!

And the liability issue IS a red herring.

Keep your principle. Put whatever gas you like in your tank. Just do not get upset when a shop refuses to fill the tanks. Go to a place that really needs the money from a fill. For a lousy $7 fill we can refuse to fill it as it would not affect business one bit. Liability issue is real. Knowing where last inspection was done by a real facility is a starting point of any investigation and at least a possible lead for a shared liability.

---------- Post added June 12th, 2015 at 10:14 PM ----------

At least you've stopped saying people who wouldn't pay for your vis can't afford to be diving lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom