new to the board from south alberta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board from another prairie boy......southern Saskatchewan here.

I was diving in Nanaimo April30/May 01 as well. We were diving with Ocean Explorers and were very happy with their operation. I wouldn't hesitate to book with OE again, but I have also heard good things about Ed and Sundown/VIDive. The "Sea Kiss" looks like a great diving platform.

What was your experience with Sundown/ VIDive and would you recommend?

Again...welcome to the board!

Best regards; jbm

Welcome from another Calgarian. OE and Sundown are the two best in Naniamo. There are probably three other outfits in the area. But can't go wrong with either of these guys. Were you guys on OE big boat. What did you think of it.

:wink:

jbm, thanks for the welcome.
Yes I would recommend sundown. I don't have much experience with operators but some of the guys in our group do and they were very impressed. Everyone felt that when back in Nanaimo sundown would be the choice op (we never tried any other op) Ed is very relaxed and seems quite knowledgable. The seakiss is a great boat; with only 6 of us we had a ton of room. They'll take 12 but I think 10 would probably be comfortable. Also liked the location being right downtown within walking distance to most things because most of the guys flew in.
Almost picked OE as the deals were almost identical but Ed seemed a little faster replying to my numerous e-mails. That's really the only reason! But after being on the seakiss I don't think we would've enjoyed OE's little boat as much. I seen their big boat at the dock but didn't notice it go out at all.
Let me know if you want specific details, be happy to share them if I can.

icediver, thanks for the welcome as well. We didn't do OE but I seen their big boat. Looks real nice

Greetings and a warm welcome from a Western gone east. I hope you enjoy each visit here as much as you enjoy diving!

Icediver/Bridgediver

OE's big boat stayed at the dock while we were there. We worked out of their smaller boat, a 21 ft Campion if I am not mistaken. On one dive there were seven of us plus the boat operator. It was a touch cramped, but it worked, and the Campion got you out to the dive sites in short order.
That being said, I was a touch envious when I saw the "Seakiss" on the wreck moorings!

Best regards; jbm

Bridgediver,

Sorry about calling the dive on Sunday. To wake up to 40 cm of snow (over a foot) on the ground just didn't do anything for my motivation to get kitted up or more so after the dive. I did head down to Waterton later in the day and by fluke, met some other divers I know from Calgary and they were quit excited about the 33 m (100') of vis.

But I was thinking more about the kids and your wife and them waiting in the snow while we're in the water.

Let's plan for another weekend.

Dennis

I wouldn't say wimp at all. Just trying to think of the non-diver companions, which is very important! Without their support and happiness I don't think there would be ANY diving!

But yes next time for sure.

Your friends weren't telling you Waterton's vis was 100' were they? I find that hard to believe...

Back
Top Bottom