New Wreck In Picton!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the peaches on the Eccles are???

I know, it's always somebody else ;-)

Lets hope it stays as nice as it is right now and not worry about what it was like 4 years ago. That would be nice.

Regards gents.

Hi Mark,

The S400 with the Chinook housing is more of a point and shoot digital system. I took the pictures of this wreck using a housed SLR with a wide-angle lens.

Doug Arnberg.

ALL DIVERS ARE LIER'S AND THIEVES.

This is what an old one legged sponge diver out of the Caribbean once told me while working on a salvage operation and to date, I have no reason to thing any different. If any one wants any thing on any of these Ontario wrecks they will just take it, and theres not a thing any one or any agency can do about it, the money involved and the official persons required to track down so called stolen historical items just doesn't exist. I beleave it to be just warnings and allot of hot air talk. I'm surprised those nice Mooring bouys that the SOS installs on wrecks are not stolen more often by unregisterd visitors.

Mr A

Kevin

I was only joking about the buoy, but it just goes to show there are people not necessarily divers who just don't care out there.

Mr A

This one is a beauty. If we don't screw this one up it will be drawing divers from across North America to our waters for years to come. The lines are georgeous (the ship that is... not the stupid plethora of cave line and poly that some stupid idot left on the wreck)... they aren't there anymore as we all cary knives and shears with us!! :) ). 130+ feet of visibility adds to the majestic view of the shipwreck from the front of the bowsprit.

As an aside:

The stainless steel homemade grappling hook that someone set into the wreck will make it into our museum to morronic idots.

I won't comment on the numerous anchor drags that are visible all around the stern of the wreck or the thick poly line some vegetable tied between the two masts (ostensibly to hook when looking for the wreck??). It's not there anymore either.

If you can't do the dives... stay home. Don't screw them up for the rest of diverkind!! Sheesh.

PatH:
This one is a beauty. If we don't screw this one up it will be drawing divers from across North America to our waters for years to come. The lines are georgeous (the ship that is... not the stupid plethora of cave line and poly that some stupid idot left on the wreck)... they aren't there anymore as we all cary knives and shears with us!! :) ). 130+ feet of visibility adds to the majestic view of the shipwreck from the front of the bowsprit.

As an aside:

The stainless steel homemade grappling hook that someone set into the wreck will make it into our museum to morronic idots.

I won't comment on the numerous anchor drags that are visible all around the stern of the wreck or the thick poly line some vegetable tied between the two masts (ostensibly to hook when looking for the wreck??). It's not there anymore either.

If you can't do the dives... stay home. Don't screw them up for the rest of diverkind!! Sheesh.

So tell me.....how does one remove grappling hooks, cave line, ploy line etc. without touching or disturbing the wreck? I guess this person/s would have special permission from the government to break some of the laws that they support sooo much !
Even those that rant about other people breaking the law decide for themselves what laws are ok for themselves to break!
Is a law a law or not? If someone decides to break a law (for whatever reason) then he has no right to tell another to abide by the same law! Is it "splitting hairs"? Sure it is. But the point is that even those who say dont touch anything on the wreck (because its illegal you know) and then remove something (for whatever reason) are simply taking their own ideals and use them to justify their actions. Someone who takes a glass jar off a wreck and someone who takes a grappling hook off a wreck are breaking the same law. They simply justify it in their own way.
What were you saying about human psychology Steve???!!!

Well...............?

I think you all need to understand something, all those artifacts you see in museums have been removed by shovels and hammers, there has to be a hands on process to remove artifacts from wrecks, you need to be able to gently touch pull and wrap artifacts to preserve them. This wreck some day a long time from now will just be broken down timber like all the junk in Toby. I suggest you take your pictures and do what ever measuring you need to do now, because time alone and natural processes will be its destructor in the future.

SoScuba:
......... They simply justify it in their own way.

Well...............?

It's fun to watch, SoScuba.

I'm as guilty as the rest, so even thought I'm watching from the sides lines, my turn at bat comes around every so often :)

We're funny folks, us humans. We takes things that REALLY don't matter that much in the whole scope of things, and make them our Alamo.

I can't say I'm quite as bent/jaded as Mr Adams, but I can see where he may be coming from ;-)

Have fun guys

Steve

Just an observation here, it was Pat that made the post not Steve. Defending the less capable divers here and attempting to tear a strip off the dive team that did the right thing by removing all the lines, is just not called for.

Like he said if you can't do the dives don't do them, wrecks are fragile enough and sending anchors, grappling hooks etc into the side of it for the last 4 or 5 years is inexcusable.

If people just got the training and skills instead of cyberdiving, heck even PADI is trying to teach proper bouyancy skills this days. Then we wouldn't be diving lumberpiles in a couple of years, the wrecks in Kingston/Picton are the best in the world, lets keep them that way.

SoScuba:
So tell me.....how does one remove grappling hooks, cave line, ploy line etc. without touching or disturbing the wreck? I guess this person/s would have special permission from the government to break some of the laws that they support sooo much !
Even those that rant about other people breaking the law decide for themselves what laws are ok for themselves to break!
Is a law a law or not? If someone decides to break a law (for whatever reason) then he has no right to tell another to abide by the same law! Is it "splitting hairs"? Sure it is. But the point is that even those who say dont touch anything on the wreck (because its illegal you know) and then remove something (for whatever reason) are simply taking their own ideals and use them to justify their actions. Someone who takes a glass jar off a wreck and someone who takes a grappling hook off a wreck are breaking the same law. They simply justify it in their own way.

Well...............?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom