Newbie From Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello from Texas! I was certified back in 1981, didn't do any diving 'till the late 90's (and that was just a couple of beginner dives), and now that the kids are almost out of college it's time to get back in the water. Just about to wrap up my pool certification, and then on to open water.

Welome to Scubaboard Jason. Glad you are getting back into diving.

Welcome. DFW has some pretty good dive shops. Where are you doing your training?

Welcome. Don't know if you've heard about it yet, but the Fling does live-aboard trips out of Freeport, TX, to the Flower Garden Bank Marine Sanctuary. Here's a thread about it. Quite a drive for you, but not undoable. If I lived close, it'd be on my radar. Doesn't sound like a 'fresh out of OW' destination, but when you're ready...

Richard.

Welcome to SB.

I live 20 minutes drive from the Fling charter dock. I’ve been diving with them about 7 times in the last 14 years. Weather-wise, it’s about 50% chance the boat would go out to Flower Garden Banks. The odds are better in July & August. It’s more for advanced divers. So, once you get AOWS & having 100 dives in your logbook, send me a PM if you want to go to Flower Garden and looking for a dive buddy.

Welcome Jason! Get the kids involved as diving is a great family experience.

Welcome back to the water and welcome to SB!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom