No Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do it your way. I'll keep test breathing while watching for a needle quiver.

I will too! Or, as you might say, I will not not not watch for the needle quiver while I take a breath during the predive check.

Funny how no one believed me earlier about spg and 1/4 quarter turn back “thing” and now all the tech divers are on backing it up. Funny.

If he has been booted from other shops and boats, he had his opportunity to learn and grow. Now he can learn to shore dive solo. If he didn’t learn after the first ban, he not going to learn.

Thank goodness at least one person 'gets it' !

And, maybe cause an accident at one of our 8 shore dive sites.

@Trace Malinowski , having just about finished raising a couple of teenagers, I feel I have met a few of this type of guy, young lion cubs that try to bite your tail, as the your the big lion to challenge. It is obviously immaturity, but also seems to include low end Asperger’s Syndrome, (very smart, but also refusing to pay for damaged rental:kid can ONLY see point of view most advantageous to himself). Normal immaturity you grown men can handle, but if it is Aspergers, you may be disappointed if that the kid relapses and reverts under stress. Does the kid have any friends his own age?

A picture is finally becoming clear...
Now that the branding irons have cooled and the pitchforks have been returned to their owners for the upcoming Scottish Highland game festival...

One one hand we got @Trace Malinowski who is a cave dive instructor. (Didn't see that at first) who is so comfortable in the ocean that you could take him in a group of four other divers and blindfold Trace at forty meters and he could swap air tanks with everyone once before they're even notice.
He takes responsibility seriously...he feels responsible for every person in his class and all that dive with him. (Whether he trained them or not)
I wish he was here in TN to teach me...sounds awesome. As an instructor he makes a living somewhat by reputation...giving the prankster a sore jaw or black eye won't get students lining up to take his classes anytime soon.
Trace has a great reputation. Maybe a touch of imposter syndrome too. (You really need to see a shrink about that someday...you live in NY...the narcissists in that state are going to eat you alive one day)

Enter young punk kid. Obviously never taken responsibility for any mistake he's ever made. (Why he got into it with several shops). And he's jealous of Trace in many ways. Trace really doesn't make mistakes.

The young guy (who hasn't really paid attention in classes yet) turns off the gas on one tank just to get a reaction out of Trace. See if he can rattle Trace's cage. Bring him down to his level.
But Trace is really "AquaMan" in disguise of a normal guy. He does his safety checks as a demo for all those around him that might be paying attention. I'm in TN and I know that I'm going to do it no matter what.
Trace worries about this kid getting loose out in the world perpetuating this kind of dangerous prank on others who can be lax in checking their gear.

But the Boat Captain sees the situation...and the "Joker" is going to get fitted with concrete shoes back at the docks whith a little help from Tony and Vinny. (You know...those Italian guys) and the sun sets on another day in NY.

And if my humor mixed with a little truth hurts anyone's feelings I apologise. But I really would love to take classes with Trace...I would learn a lot. "Such is life" but said in French with a sigh...

@Trace Malinowski , having just about finished raising a couple of teenagers, I feel I have met a few of this type of guy, young lion cubs that try to bite your tail, as the your the big lion to challenge. It is obviously immaturity, but also seems to include low end Asperger’s Syndrome, (very smart, but also refusing to pay for damaged rental:kid can ONLY see point of view most advantageous to himself). Normal immaturity you grown men can handle, but if it is Aspergers, you may be disappointed if that the kid relapses and reverts under stress. Does the kid have any friends his own age?

You might be on to something. There is something socially awkward about him. I only just met him and don't know much about the guy. But, he was giving me all kinds of advice about how you can take advantage of your credit card company, get the airlines to comp you a ticket to Asia, etc. All con artist type stuff. He was very proud to have figured out how to game the system for his advantage. Most of us would consider the advice he was giving me to be dishonest.

You might be on to something. There is something socially awkward about him. I only just met him and don't know much about the guy. But, he was giving me all kinds of advice about how you can take advantage of your credit card company, get the airlines to comp you a ticket to Asia, etc. All con artist type stuff. He was very proud to have figured out how to game the system for his advantage. Most of us would consider the advice he was giving me to be dishonest.
I've known several people like that fairly well. It's tough to be around them when the get engaged in that sort of "gaming." I can't explain it other than to say that they consider it normal. One of the guys I've called out on it several times, resulting in lengthy discussion. He considers me to be a naive fool for not doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom