No subject, lets just get to know each other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a wonderful way to get to know the people behind the names. Thanks for starting this Cobaltbabe. Looks like a good place for my first post…

My name is Pat and I have been O/W since 1991 when I got certified on Oahu while stationed at Pearl Harbor. I currently reside in Central Florida and just got back from an outstanding trip to Key Largo. Had the opportunity to dive the Spiegel sans current and enjoyed the Benwood at night –so many colorful parrot fish – so little time.

I am a banker by profession (Portfolio Manager) and when not slaving away over numbers my hobbies include amateur astronomy (beginning to build my first scope), biking and reading.

I have a 13 year old son (going on twenty…) and four wonderful, persnickety cats – all five beasties are equally spoiled… My son recently started diving and is beginning to enjoy himself under water.

I am preparing to take a cavern class next month and am slowly planning and preparing a budget for cave down the line. Any advice would be greatly appreciated – I have been impressed with the quantity and quality of info available on this board since I was first introduced to it a few months ago by a friend.

The down side to this thread is that new members are bypassing the IINTRODUCTIONS Forum.

Pat, I want to welcome you to Scuba Board, but all you new members really should introduce yourself, in your own Thread, in INTRODUCTIONS, SO WE CAN WELCOME YOU BETTER...

Fran and Kal - I hope y'all will still introudce yourself on the INTRODUCTIONS Forum, so we can give you better welcomes.

DON

Yes, it's in the Intro Forum, but new memebers are introducing themselves here in this thread, rather than opening their own thread

thanks, don

Actually, I believe the intent of this thread was for the original poster to find out more about those who are posting on this board. Instead of just a moniker, posters could put their real name, age, family status, hobbies and other interests in a sort of bio (whatever they wanted to share). This has also caused a few lurkers to make their first post, which is pretty cool. I don't see why someone can't introduce themselves here and on the intro board too. Also, I think on the intro board threads, divers would be less likely to put up their name, age, vital statistics, family status and the like. So whether or not you are a newbe or not, if you want to share a slice of your personal life here, then by all means do so.

Hey Yall~

Well Im new to this site and to diving. Ive been interested in it since I was little. I would love to explore old wreck sites etc... Anyways here is some info on me!

Local: Louisiana
No Kids
No Husband
Occup: Student...Major---Marine Archaeology

Well I have yet toi dive yet, because its pretty hard in N. La to find a decent school and stuff. But I will. Bye Yall..

*~*Kristen*~*Hey Yall~

My name is Kurt, and I live near Gainesville, FL. I am in the heart of springs country and love it! I was born and raised in the Chicago area, moved to Cincinnati in '91, stayed there 11 years and moved here ~ 1 1/2 years ago. We have 6 dogs- 4 GSPs, a Brittany and an English Setter. We have our own boat, so getting out diving is not too much of a problem. Right now we are getting into bird hunting season, so diving will probably take a back seat for a while. I will try to get wet a couple of times, but I have too much invested in the dogs to let them get another year older while I am off diving! I love this board and am real glad I found it.:D :D :D

DeputyDan is a children's story book character. My other name is David.

In order to graduate from North Carolina State University you are required to be able to swim. College was my first exposure to a swimming pool or being in water in general - I grew up in the mountains of N.C.

The scuba class looked great in college, but not being able to swim anyhow made any change of passing the required swim tests impossible.

I never even considered swimming or Scuba until my 14 year old daughter (30 years later) expressed an interest in Scuba. I researched the possibilities and felt that with practice I could do this with her.

I spent six months swimming at a pool before classes started so that I would be comfortable in water. The classes were excellent, both my daughters and I were certified OW.

After a week in the keys on a diving vacation we all agree that diving is something we will continue.

I'm new so I will bite.

Dave...USN reserve diver for 21 plus years...still reserve doing "if I tell ya have to killya" stuff. Getting short (meaning retirement looming). Work construction, live in SoCal (native), wife, kids (4) dog and 2 cats. I am a complete gamer...I don't dive unless I get something to eat. BTDT pretty much all facets of diving and still doing it. My passion is all water sports except those that reqire being towed by a boat and rugby. Nursing a knee to comeback for one more season.

I'll jump in with my .02

I'm obviously a girl (lol), 33, 5'4", blonde/blue, married and living in the land of the big fat rat (in a small rural town outside of Orlando). BTW, I'm Divegirl on Florida Sportsman and Spearboard forums.

I've been diving in a pool since I was about 11 but finally got certified during college in 1992. Did both OW & OWII back then. I was asked by my instructors to stay on and become an instructor then but didn't (figured a college degree would take me farther). Have thought about it since as I always seem to be working with new divers anyway. I've dove in CA, Hawaii, Mexico (both sides), Caribbean, Malaysia and Florida. These days I chase video or bugs (lobsters) underwater. Husband has recently decided he's not going to dive much anymore so I'm on my own to do what I want. He'll probably still do the Keys and some of southern FL but not as much as I want to do so I'm on my own for diving. Have some dive friends so plan on joining them now. Hope to learn to spearfish soon.

No kids. Just lost my baby Blaze (Australian Shepherd) last month after 12 1/2 years. The husband bought a new puppy, Taz (Pudelpointer), who I definitely am not ready for. Taz joins Haley (11 year old Weimaraner) and 18 chickens (yes, chickens!).

I'm a bit of a vagabond as I travel for work - I cover Florida, Houston and Puerto Rico. I've lived in NJ (git a rope), Arizona (home of the heart), back to NJ, Georgia, Sweden, Germany, back to GA and now Florida.

Other hobbies - travel, fishing, snow skiing, hot air ballooning (I own one), and my 1973 Ford F100 4x4 if I ever get around to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom