NYC Lurker with a new year's resolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

your doing very well and should make your goal....i live in Florida and only have 30 something dives since January.

There are a number of OK shore sites on L.I., the problem being (legal) parking. There is a shore guide thing on the internet-- NY shore diving or something. Think NJ is included, but I've only found 3 sites there and nothing to brag about--one is OK at Allenhurst Jetty if the surf doesn't mess up the viz--you can park on the street and walk on the beach free.

Well hey, I see you're from Westchester--where abouts?. I grew up in Yonkers. Assume you have been to Scuba NY on Central Ave. I'm always there for a fill Thurs. afternoons late June & through July before playing my band concerts in Scarsdale (see avatar- that's Chase Park). May run into you.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask. I am doing my Dry Suit class with Scuba NY this weekend. Great shop!

I live in Larchmont so Scarsdale is right nextdoor ;-)

PM and let me know when you will be playing.

-Todd

Well hey, I see you're from Westchester--where abouts?. I grew up in Yonkers. Assume you have been to Scuba NY on Central Ave. I'm always there for a fill Thurs. afternoons late June & through July before playing my band concerts in Scarsdale (see avatar- that's Chase Park). May run into you.

1 year update. Mission accomplished. I beat my goal and did 75 dives in 2016 mostly due to getting into local NE diving. I had an amazing summer diving off the charter boats of NJ and LI in my new, used, dry suit.

I also dove 11 out of 12 months missing just March. Not a bad year at all :)

I did not get much more active on this website, but I did get a lot more active in my local dive club and met a ton of great new friends and buddies.

New Goal for 2017: 85 dives and one u-boat ;-)

Wet regards,
Todd

Todd congrats a good goal, I did 85 dives last year but that included 25 in Bonaire and 11 in Pompano

congratulation on achievement of your goals....

Todd congrats a good goal, I did 85 dives last year but that included 25 in Bonaire and 11 in Pompano

Yes, I need at least 1 or 2 big dive trips to hit my new goal. Planning one for April now..

And that rebreather! :D

Ha! I will leave the rebreather to you for 2017 Mike. I may just have to invest in some more stage tanks to keep up with you this summer ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom