O-rings lubricant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricPhotography92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all, not shur where to put this , thought this spot kinda worked,
so, i want to know if CHRISTO-LUBE® MCG 111 is a efficent o-ring lubricant for enriched air +38% oxygen and could work as a o ring lubricant for normal air 21% o2, i'm pretty shur it would work just need to double check

Tribolube #71 is less expensive........Divegearexpress' site talks about the differences of Christo and Tribo......

What o-rings are you asking about?

The answer to your questions depends upon what o-rings you are asking about. Valve stem o-rings? Tank neck o-rings? What o-rings are you asking about?

Also, both of the lubricants you describe are "efficient" lubricants. Do you mean to ask a different question? Are you asking about lubricants capatible with enriched air nitrox?

And how are you filling your tanks with EAN38? Your choice of lubricant depends upon the method which you are using to fill your tanks.

I was planning on using Viton o-rings,

I can't just use one type of silicone for all o-rings?

would CHRISTO and Tribolube silicone lube work with all o-rings and compatible with O2 38%

I thought i just take the tank to a store and they fill it with EAN,

theirs a different method to fill tanks?

I was planning on using Viton o-rings,

I can't just use one type of silicone for all o-rings?

would CHRISTO and Tribolube silicone lube work with all o-rings and compatible with O2 38%

I thought i just take the tank to a store and they fill it with EAN,

theirs a different method to fill tanks?

Yes they will.

there's a different method to fill tanks?

If the dive shop is using the partial-pressure method of filling your tanks with Nitrox, then your tank/valve/o-rings must be cleaned for oxygen service, and you must use only oxygen-compatible lubricants (i.e., not silicone).

The parital-pressure method involves filling your tank with with a calculated amount of 100% oxygen, and then diluting the oxygen with a calculated amount of air to achieve your final desired EAN mix (e.g., EAN38).

There are other methods of filling your tank with EAN, including membrane separation, continuous blending, filling from pre-mixed banked sources, etc.

In short yes.
I use christolube or other ptfe lube for everything, i find they are all much the same (christlube, trilube, no brand ptfe lubricant) and don't degrade to the extent silicone grease does.
So every oring i touch gets the christolube if it needs lubrication (bear in mind that not all orings do), i don't use silicone grease for anything.

Although the "manufacturers recommended lubricant" should be used in all cases :wink:

Back
Top Bottom