O2 Booster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hootis

Reaction score
I'm looking for a smaller oxygen booster (I currently have a 28007 O2 Haskel, but don't want to carry its' 50 lb heft on trips) I heard through the grapevine that somebody had made a small booster....anyone know who it is? How to get one? And, how much they cost?

Thanks,
Ryan

Gordon Smith is making a small O2 booster that looks the business and is getting good reviews. AFAIK he was aiming for USD $1000.00 as the market price. Last I heard there was a reasonable waiting list as he was unable to keep up with the large demand.

Could you please direct me to how to contact Gordon Smith. about the O2 booster pump.

Rona:
Could you please direct me to how to contact Gordon Smith. about the O2 booster pump.
You're not going to be contacting Gordon, unless you somehow believe in the supernatural, but at least his company is still going strong. They're here: http://www.jetsam.ca

Great little boosters - I have one and use it all the time to pump premix 21/35 and O2 into my bottles from storage tanks. The "Baby Booster" is probably the one you're looking for. Dead simple and quite reliable.

Having used both the Jetsam Baby Booster and the small Hydraulics International that Oxycheq carries in extreme cold weather research as well as tropical conditions, I can honestly say the Hydraulics unit is much more durable and reliable. The Jetsam unit uses a bunch of Delrin and at extreme temps (hot and cold ambient temps) leaks O2horribly. When I contacted Jetsam the engineer told me to cut paper gaskets to put under the O rings to close up the tolerances! Yikes, paper gaskets on the HP side???? We went with the Hydraulics Int. unit and have had zero issues using it to boost O2, He, and banked Trimix usually for CCR bottles and offboard bailout but sometimes even to boost Trimix and Nitrox for OC support divers (a little slow for that much volume but it did it nonetheless...).HTH YMMV

The HI unit also has full separation of the two sides, which is essential if you are going to drive it with anything but O2-clean air. The Jetsam, being intended for use with leftover scuba air, does not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom