October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had planned to attend this but am unfortunately stuck in Portland Oregon for the weekend.

Darn, it's amazing what a year in FL will do to a person as far as blood thinning goes!

Jeff

diver doh:
Had planned to attend this but am unfortunately stuck in Portland Oregon for the weekend.

Darn, it's amazing what a year in FL will do to a person as far as blood thinning goes!

Jeff

Jeff:
It was 34 degrees here this morning when I Opened the shop at 7:30.
Gads , and me , a life-long Minnesotan ... :11:
I never thought that would feel cold to me ... But , oh well ...
Yea , spend a year in Florida and you get wimpish ... :wink:

Jeano Beano

jeandiver:
...<snip> ... But , oh well ...
Yea , spend a year in Florida and you get wimpish ... :wink:

Jeano Beano
Who you callin' wimpish?!----------OK, that would be me :D I've been in Florida 15 years now. I was cold all day, at work..........('til it got above 70 degrees) :D I don't know how chilly it will be this Saturday. I can only come up and dive for one day, I won't be camping. However, warming up during surface interval may require large fire :11:

jeandiver:
Jeff:
Gads , and me , a life-long Minnesotan ...

Hey, me too... Moved down here from Duluth a while back. Now that this thread has caught my attention I need to go find out when this Megadive is..

It starts this Friday and will carry on until Sunday, or until the last person is standing!

Scuba_Jenny is wimping out... something 'bout a hurricane and a chainsaw. Boohoo!

bdrannik:
.................. I need to go find out when this Megadive is..
Yep, the insanity starts Friday! No doubt, it's gonna be a blast! Technical difficulties kept me away from the Vortoberfest. (it's always somethin') I got my truck back from the body shop today, I'm good as new! With any luck, I'll be there bright n early Saturday mornin'! Uh, please excuse me, I gotta go find a four leaf clover.......:looking_a well, um, close enough! Woo hoo! I'm goin' divin' - I'm goin' divin'! :bounce:

Today, I picked up ten mini-pumpkins for the underwater carving event. If we don't get a lot of participation in that, the kids can have some to play with, too. :wink:
I also bought omelet stuff, and have sliced up about twenty pounds of chicken quarters. For Friday night, I will have gumbo available if anyone wants some, as well as other sides people will be bringing along. I expect to have lunch ready around noonish, depending upon when breakfast stuff is cleared. I should be onsite by 9am, but after a few people arrive, will need to head back to town for the rest of my gear. I'll be offline after Thursday night so any updates or questions will not be seen until Tuesday. Call my cellphone if you have problems.

NOTE*** I will be paying for the electric for both sites for both nights. Everyone else is PRIMITIVE CAMPING, even though you will be on sites 40 & 41! If you get charged for electric, bring me your receipt!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
NOTE*** I will be paying for the electric for both sites for both nights. Everyone else is PRIMITIVE CAMPING, even though you will be on sites 40 & 41! If you get charged for electric, bring me your receipt!

We got hit up for the electric fee at the May MegaDive. Thanks for the headsup on that issue.

I plan on being there 9 ish on Friday as well.

So is Saturday the night of the communal dinner? I need to know when to break out the strychn.. I mean, when to whip up my special surprise.

And to all the ManySodayans out there, it is NOT the temperature, it is the humidity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom