Offically completed my Divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dantfarley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
Two weeks ago I offically completed my PADI Divemaster Cert.- I have my new card w/ instructor # and insurance paid in full...............wow what a feeling
I really wanted to share with you guys and thank alot of you for all the help you have been throughout everything

Now I just need to find out and research all the opportunities I may have in my local area to use this PRO rating.....

Wish ME LUCK!!:D

Well done and good luck.

That's great!
Congratulations of becoming a Dive Master.

Take care,
Mitch

congats, I'm taking my advanced right now, hopefully this summer, rescue, and DM

Two weeks ago I offically completed my PADI Divemaster Cert.- I have my new card w/ instructor # and insurance paid in full...............wow what a feeling
I really wanted to share with you guys and thank alot of you for all the help you have been throughout everything

Now I just need to find out and research all the opportunities I may have in my local area to use this PRO rating.....

Wish ME LUCK!!:D

First of all...Good Luck!

Did you get your DM through a local dive shop? If so, check with them about being a DM for them. If you're a DM for a shop, they'll usually pay your insurance and give you really good deals for dive equipment. In return, you'll assist in their training classes. You will probably be expected to use brands of gear that they sell.

Congrats on your achievement!

Ron

Congrats!

I have the same questions as reo. Where did you get your training? Why not DM for them? Typically, unless you go to a DM/instructor factory, you DM for the shop you trained with.

Now, be prepared to be the grunt! :wink:

I just recently completed DM as well, so I know the feeling. Congratulations!

I do plan to DM for my LDS unfortunately there are other DM's that presently work there which of course holds rank over myself, I have not signed a contract with them but surely hope they ask me. I scored extremely well on all of my testings throughout my training not that its a race as to who is the fastest swimmer or who aced the exams; like anything in life sometimes you just have to wait for your opportunity. Professionalism and constant contact with them is my plan of action, although I do get the feeling that maybe I shouldn't spend to much time at the shop because sometimes I feel those "What are you doing here again, Eyes" Maybe I'm wrong, sure hope so.
Reguardless I couldn't be happier and feel a great sense of accomplishment - Thanks SB you guys are the best

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom