Official Wreckmania Dee-Rag for your approval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Dee
I thought about that, especially for the TSDT one. There's not really a reliable fabric paint that will stand up to the type of usage these things will get..wet, dry, wet, dry, etc. If someone knows of one, please let me know.

The cheapest price for embroidery was about $6-8 PER rag.

Too bad you weren't a tad closer. My machine does monograms, and would have been glad to run a few through.

The US (or Canuckian) Postal Service. Dee could always send them to you for monograming... just a thought (NOT my strong area, is it).

BTW, I think I was THE very first to place an order with Dee... :tease:

Originally posted by NetDoc
The US (or Canuckian) Postal Service. Dee could always send them to you for monograming... just a thought (NOT my strong area, is it).

BTW, I think I was THE very first to place an order with Dee... :tease:

Cool, I could set up an international business! Ah but, I wouldn't want it to interfere with diving....

I think I know someone who could do the monogramming much cheeper. And he's on this board.

Dee, send "Randyjoy" a PM. He's up here near me and a member of the TSDT (you just haven't met him yet).

Originally posted by DivingGal

Too bad you weren't a tad closer. My machine does monograms, and would have been glad to run a few through.

Does yours do the big monograms? My machine does it but the biggest letters are still too small. To look really good, it needs to be done with an embroidery machine with the proper backing, stretching, etc. that most home machines make a pain to do.

Thanks for your offer but maybe I'll contact RandyJoy and see what he's got to offer.

Originally posted by scuba-sass
Lyd and I have taken to wearing Lycra Bathing Caps from Nike or TYR (not the nasty Latex kind), just to keep our mask straps from pulling all our hair out. Can you fit large vollumes of hair under these attractive Dee-Rags?

Scuba-sass :)

If you just need a mask strap that won't pull your hair, you might try a Slap Strap. Made of neoprene, it slides easily over your hair. It's width comfortably fits the shape of your head. There are several styles but the one I like uses velcro adjustable straps for easy fitting.

To answer your question, you can put your hair under a Dee-Rag. I don't know about "large volumes" of hair, since no one around here has any!

Originally posted by Dee
Does yours do the big monograms? My machine does it but the biggest letters are still too small. To look really good, it needs to be done with an embroidery machine with the proper backing, stretching, etc. that most home machines make a pain to do.

Thanks for your offer but maybe I'll contact RandyJoy and see what he's got to offer.

My machine does two sizes I believe 2 - 2.5 inches then smaller. I've made patches, pockets and a few other small items that I've put monograms on.
Go with RandyJoy - if he/she can't help, for the TSDT, I'd help out as long as there was no rush.

Originally posted by DivingGal

My machine does two sizes I believe 2 - 2.5 inches then smaller. I've made patches, pockets and a few other small items that I've put monograms on.
Go with RandyJoy - if he/she can't help, for the TSDT, I'd help out as long as there was no rush.

Wow...you have one of THOSE machines... Too cool! I just re-read my response to you and it sounds kinda snotty...I didn't mean it that way. :rolleyes:

I'll take this to PM so we don't clutter the board....

From the response so far, can I summise that the majority of folks going to Wreckmania are not interested in the Wreck-Rags? Correct?

Walter already has his, NetDoc has paid for his, and out of the remaining 20 some-odd attendees, only Diving Gal, Herman and Natasha expressed any interest.

The Wreckmania-Rags will cost $15-18, depending if I get the embroidery done and the cost. Payments can be made via check or PayPal and I will deliver them to everyone on the trip.

I doesn't matter to me either way. But if anyone is truly interested, I need to know so that Diving Gal and I can get to work.

Slap one on me, baby!

(Yes, I will take one)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom