OK how about things you have lost on a dive~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:huh: andy... you been smelling the kitty litter again??

and its not midgets... its vertically challanged folk

well, the virtually challenged midgets were fast, i tell you

I haven't lost anything, but my BF lost the Atocha coin I gave him. He noticed something glimmering in the water ahead during one of our dives, realized it was the coin he had been wearing around his neck, snatched it up, put it in his BC pocket and after completing the dive, hung his BC upside down on the boat's railing. He had, however, failed to zip the pocket and the coin is somewhere on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico between Freeport and the Stetson Bank.

He now gets zip-ties and Pelican box stickers for his birthday.:shakehead

Diver Dennis:
Geeze. You going to send them a blank card? How much do they want? If this happened recently, I would contact the authorities. Or get a new camera from insurance...
This did truly happen, on my birthday <Halloween> 2 months ago.
I knew once the weather cleared up it would be an easy find, it was just a mess out there. It was off the coast of placencia way out at laughing bird key. They also knew it would be an easy find, but purposefully took us to a different site yesterday, while a couple friends of theirs went to the original site to get it. Really sucks. I replaced it this Christmas, because I refuse to be extorted, but I do wish I had the card. I sent the jerks a clean card and a return stamped envelope to send me the one that was in there, and it has been 3 weeks, and still no card.

Almightywife: They do <did> work for Francis Ford Coppola's Resort, and I put a call in last week to speak with th DM that is the "point person" in contacting me for money....and "he doesn't work here anymore" so there. SUX...

other than that, I lost a weight belt in southern Norway off the coast of Grimstad. I had a wreck of a BC <rented> and it wouldn't inflate <bad connection> , and we were down about 110 so I just dumped the weight belt.

keytofreedom:
He now gets zip-ties and Pelican box stickers for his birthday.:shakehead

hey, some people really value zip-ties and Pelican box stickers...

H2Andy:
hey, some people really value zip-ties and Pelican box stickers...

I meant no disrespect to zip-ties and Pelican box stickers. Well, at least not to zip-ties. Where would the world be without them? I certainly was surprised, as a new diver, at how many uses there are for them! Now that might even be a good topic for a new thead...............

:rofl3:

How about a polll?
Who learned in AOW, after or what’s a zip tie.

I bought a greenforce diamond backup (for more than a few pennies) after having two cheaper ones die. On my first dive with it I lost it. I was plenty choked when i noticed it gone after about 40 mins.
We decided after an interval that we had gas enough to go look for it. I was thinking small chance at night. But i found it in 15 ft of water on top of the only rock just showing in the field of sea grass and lettuce kelp.

I lost a buddy once but it was ok cause i had a backup. Ha.

I also lost my direction a couple times but recovered it quickly.
I watched another diver remove his glove to touch on octo and forget to hold onto it.
man neoprene is so bouyant. ha.

Back
Top Bottom