Old Regulator Service and Rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, AUP is long gone.

I can't find an Atmos Pro manual but it looks like an unbalanced piston and I bet it's close kin to an SP4. The manual is on Vintage Double Hose (RIP Bryan) but I can't post a direct link due to javascript. If you have regulator service experience you can probably figure it out from there.

Let me know if you have trouble finding the manual and I can DM it.

Hi Still Kicking. I am aware of this and to be clear I am a technician that is trying to service them for a dive shop client of mine. They are in really good condition, and I have found parts to service them however I still would like to have the service manual and/or schematics for both the first stage and second stage however I am pretty confident I can service them. I have also seen pics of the Aearis Atmos where the purge button is disintegrated and I assume this was made out of an inferior material. I did get a response from Oceanic but they have nothing related to Aeris. Anyone reading this, is American Underwater Products still in existence? There has to be someone who knows the model of this 1st stage and has a maintenance manual for it.
The first stage is Aeris AT400, This is identical to Oceanic CDX5. You can easily buy service kits and find service manual for those. Be aware - there are two problems - DVT valve was on recall is no longer recommended. Problem was - the red plunger could protrude due to remaining internal pressure. In 2018 they also upgraded service kit. HP seat, pin, and poppet are different. Pre-2017 seat is plastic, in new version is metal. I have done over 230 dives on those. Be aware that if you get "new" service kit for Aeris - it is probably 20 years old. Look at the mfg date.
I service those myself, I do have service manual somewhere, but if you serviced any other reg - it is pretty standard.
Second stage is Aeris Atmos Pro. You will not find the purge button cover, but you can get one for Oceanic GT3 - it fits perfectly, but you will aslo need new retaining ring.
Good luck

My buddy went through the same thing. His wife bought two sets of Aeris regs based on Scubalab’s gear reviews. It was touted as the best bang for the buck regulator set, blah, blah. He got them from Leisure Pro on a close out for a great price.
Aeris is washed up now.
Rather than hassling with trying to find old stock parts or crossovers, he took my advice and bought two sets of Scubapro MK11/C370, and problem solved.

My buddy went through the same thing. His wife bought two sets of Aeris regs based on Scubalab’s gear reviews. It was touted as the best bang for the buck regulator set, blah, blah. He got them from Leisure Pro on a close out for a great price.
Aeris is washed up now.
Rather than hassling with trying to find old stock parts or crossovers, he took my advice and bought two sets of Scubapro MK11/C370, and problem solved.
I'm in a similar boat. I've got two Oceanic TDX5s. After having issues with the LDS getting parts to service them, I gave up and boat 3 new sets of Atomic B2s. They are set to arrive today :jump:

Back
Top Bottom